Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How do you get old exams?  (Read 2913 times)

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
How do you get old exams?
« on: March 15, 2011, 10:51:05 AM »
Does anybody have advice on how to get old exams?

I take it you can't ask your prof for them.  Is the only way to get them to ask students if they still have theirs?

What about commercially available stuff?  I know there are E&Es and outlines you can buy.  Are there sample exam questions and answers, too?

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How do you get old exams?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 11:07:44 AM »
Does anybody have advice on how to get old exams?

I take it you can't ask your prof for them.  Is the only way to get them to ask students if they still have theirs?

What about commercially available stuff?  I know there are E&Es and outlines you can buy.  Are there sample exam questions and answers, too?

Past exams were available in our school's library and online.  Go ask your law school faculty.  Studying some other teacher's exam will not be as effective as studying those from your school.

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 01:32:10 PM »
First step:  Go to the law library and ask. 

If there are no professor-specific exams from your exact class, be sure to at least scan the professor's other exams so that you can get the flavor for the testing style (all essay, short answer, etc...) 

For first year classes, its easy to find practice exam questions for free on-line.  The problem is that they will have limited overlap to the material that your professor emphasizes.  Here are some other law school exam strategies

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 06:47:57 PM »
It completely depends on the school and professor.  At HLS exams for most professors were available for download via the school's intranet.
HLS 2010

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 11:49:07 PM »
It completely depends on the school and professor.  At HLS exams for most professors were available for download via the school's intranet.

Thanks, I will see if there are copies in the law library or whether I can download them somehow.  The school I'm going to is considerably less prestigious than HLS.

reallawschoolexams.com

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 12:25:53 PM »
My site has over 40 real law school exams.
www.reallawschoolexams.com