Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Widener TAP Program  (Read 2772 times)

keesler.robert

• View Profile
    • Email
Widener TAP Program
« on: March 15, 2011, 08:44:03 AM »
I just found out that I have been accepted into the TAP program. I have not been able to find more than general information about the content of the program. Can anyone give more specifics about the subjects discussed, the type of work and the overall experience? 

dapilamkid

• View Profile
Re: Widener TAP Program
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 02:48:00 PM »
Depends if you were accepted to Delaware or Harrisburg campus.  Delaware campus: You will have Legal Methods (Closed Memo), Torts, and Civil Procedure.  Torts we went over defamation (you will not touch that in your first year law class if you get accepted).  Civ Pro we scratched the surface of Personal Jurisdiction, sanction, and a few federal rules.  Good Luck.  Study hard.   

keesler.robert

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 11:01:33 PM »
Thanks for the information.

mklee53

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 09:20:44 AM »
I too, have been accepted into TAP for Summer 2011.  This information is welcome.  What books were used for the program?

mklee53

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 09:26:03 PM »
Books are available at Widener Bookstore.  I learned Civ Pro is done by handouts.

LaShuanM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 09:19:40 AM »
I too have been offered the opportunity to participate in the TAP program at Harrisburg campus. Im excited yet anxious. Im glad to find this discussion board, it always helps to find out as much information as possible to help decrease anxiety... however that may just apply to me... It appears most of you are attending TAP in Delaware, is anyone attending in Harrisburg? If so great! Please share any information you may have heard about the program and I'll do the same.

So far I know:

Classes start May 24
Classes: Tort, Contracts, Legal Methods
Only 1/4 -1/3 are successful (however there are no minimums)
We will receive official notice of acceptance/denial in late July

Anyway, good luck to everyone... I look forward to more conversations with you.

egraf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 04:25:05 PM »
I too am attending TAP program in DE. Anyone else confused over first assignment for Civil Pro? I don't see anythere in the syllabbus about writing a brief or anything? Do we just read it over and outline( guessing)