Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOR for Bar  (Read 897 times)

Specks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
LOR for Bar
« on: March 15, 2011, 02:47:53 AM »
Does anyone have a sample they can give me of a LOR for the Bar Application? My LOR people don't know what to write and I can't seem to find any on the internet. Google just turns up fake results. Any help, sample, or guidelines would be much appreciated. Thanks!

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LOR for Bar
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 08:10:59 AM »
In the two states that I'm barred in, the recommenders only had to fill out standard forms sent to them by the bar.  They didn't have to write LORs on my behalf.

When I get to work today, I'll edit my post and put some of the questions up asked of those recommenders.  This should at least give you a generalized sense of what they're looking for.

Edit:  You know what.. I threw the damn thing away last week.  Basically, they asked whether you had any mental issues, whether the recommender knew of any dishonest acts or anything that might negatively affect your ability to practice law.  It's really no big deal unless you submitted the name of a recommender who is hell-bent on torpedoing your career.

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 10:32:50 AM »
This was my experience as well: the State Bar Application had a form that you provided to people giving you a recommendation.

In the two states that I'm barred in, the recommenders only had to fill out standard forms sent to them by the bar.  They didn't have to write LORs on my behalf.

When I get to work today, I'll edit my post and put some of the questions up asked of those recommenders.  This should at least give you a generalized sense of what they're looking for.

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 01:34:19 PM »
What State?

Specks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 05:36:13 PM »
I'm in Nevada and we got a form, but it was a just a form for their name with a blank space after for their recommendation.