Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HUGE LSAT SCREWUP  (Read 2217 times)

DILLONMKCC

• View Profile
HUGE LSAT SCREWUP
« on: March 11, 2011, 05:00:52 AM »
Hello,

First time LSAT taker-who will be sittting in June test.

For our 4th section mistakenly opened up book to section 5 and went to town. Didnt realize this until moderator announced the real section 5. Oh no.

Figured test score would be scratched for doing this, even on accident, so I kept quiet and just went over it again. Changed a few answers and finished the few that didnt get to.

=Heres the thing-

Moderator was sitting right next to me the whole test and did not say anything. Figured she didnt notice or would have brought it to my attention.

What are the rules for if this does happen?

I estimated that it was scored as 20%-25% , even with this, I knew my material and 3/4 sections were at least 60-70% correct. No doubt on this. Not to mention getting 60m on another section!

My reported score was VERY VERY  low. It doesnt add up.

The only explanation I think is they knew and voided sections 4 and 5. or possibly there was a scantron error?

Is this possible??

Gracias

a2blife

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: HUGE LSAT SCREWUP
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 12:02:40 PM »
If you ended up with zero points for section 4 and section 5 was well below your true standard, then it is possible that some of the erased markings were picked up by the scantron.  The entire process is automated, they wouldn't selectively disregard a portion of the test -- all or nothing.