Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: X GPA, Y LSAT... What to do?  (Read 1310 times)

Lawra

• View Profile
    • Email
X GPA, Y LSAT... What to do?
« on: March 07, 2011, 09:38:57 PM »
I am a junior at a CUNY college in New York. I currently have a GPA of about 3.9. (It may go down a bit this semester which isn't good) So far I took a couple of LSATs and I keep scoring roughly around 152. I have not taken an LSAT course, but will be taking one in the summer with the exam on October 1. I work in a law firm, but don't have much outstanding extracurricular.

If I want to stay in NY for law school, what do you suggest is the best law school for me? CUNY?

like_lasagna

• View Profile
Re: X GPA, Y LSAT... What to do?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 11:30:56 PM »
Study your ass off for the LSAT. With that sort of GPA, you shouldn't be settling. A school like Fordham isn't out of your reach.

bradyllewis

• View Profile
    • LSAT Testing Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 08:39:19 PM »
Unless absolutely necessary, you shouldn't restrict yourself geographically.  You may be passing up a great opportunity at a school somewhere else.  You can always come back to New York after school if that's where you really want to be.

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 12:37:36 PM »
Unless absolutely necessary, you shouldn't restrict yourself geographically.  You may be passing up a great opportunity at a school somewhere else.  You can always come back to New York after school if that's where you really want to be.

You have to be careful about where you go.  Unless you are at a T14 school, the location of the school you go to matters a whole bunch.  Going to law school in Kansas will make it very hard to get a job in NYC. 

Good luck!  Bust your butt on the LSAT prep. 

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 12:55:06 AM »

harryhebe

• View Profile