Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: new member  (Read 486 times)

legalboxers

• View Profile
    • Email
« on: March 06, 2011, 03:00:52 PM »
hello

I am a new member on this board, wanted to say hi. And I am looking for advice. I am dragging my feet studying and I wanted to take the June test but I think I missed out now I need to take the october test. Im trying to find an easier way to grasp the logic games but its not going through (maybe Im braindead) any easier way to read and understand this stuff?

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 03:57:49 PM »
Try this basic article on LSAT preparation

You should also purchase the Powerscore Logic Games Bible

schizm

• View Profile
    • Outlines4Lawschool
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 06:17:05 PM »
Buy a few LSAT prep books; amazon should be a good place to look.

Another tip, don't drink too much coffee on exam day. I did and vomited on my way home...
www.outlines4lawschool.com - Law School Outlines & FREE Bar Exam Outlines!

bradyllewis

• View Profile
    • LSAT Testing Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 11:50:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Lots of people find it hard to really get motivated to start studying.  It's a big undertaking.  Just look inside yourself and decide if it's really what you want to do.  If it is, remind yourself that's it's only a small period of your life and it's worth it to dedicate the needed time to preparing for the exam.  A good place to look for help is in forums (like this and others).  There you have regular people talking about the exam in normal language, instead of professor language like many prep products use.

Flyer32

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 12:11:23 PM »
I'm a new member also (long time lurker, though).
Got this strategy from another forum. I've used it myself and it works:

1. Get the Powerscore Logic Games Bible. Go through it slowly. Do all of the exercises and make sure you understand all the major points before moving on.
2. Make three copies of every game you can get your hands on. Group these games by type (lsatblog.blogspot.com has this done for you online).
3. Start with Basic Linear games then eventually move on to more advanced games as you get better. Make sure to space out the games you work on so that you're not doing the same ones within 24-36 hours of each other. Focus on one type of game then move on (don't forget to still practice game types you've done in the past though).
4. After you do a game, review it. Make sure you're diagramming the rules properly and efficiently. And make sure you're seeing the necessary inferences necessary to answer the questions. If you don't understand something, don't just move on. Make sure you understand why every answer is correct.

Games was by far my worst section when I started studying for the LSAT. A normal section would be between -10 and -15 wrong. I'm now down to -2/-4 on any given games section by using the method above. Repetition is the key.