Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCLA vs USC??  (Read 1791 times)

SoCalLawLove

• View Profile
UCLA vs USC??
« on: March 04, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
I've already been admitted to USC and I'm anxiously awaiting my UCLA decision.  Assuming I get in to UCLA, how do I decide between the two?

They are strikingly similar in cost (40k instate for UCLA and 45k pre-scholarship/aid for USC) and in ranking (UCLA #15, USC #18).  I plan on living in LA after law school so any edge that either school may have in out of state placement isn't a concern of mine. 

One thing that struck me as odd was that 91% of USC students pass the Bar on their first try and only 81% of UCLA students.  Their employment stats are pretty on par with each other as far as I can tell, but I get the feeling that the Trojan network of employers and graduates is stronger, more loyal, and more successful than the Bruin network.  Any experiences being a part of either of theses alumni networks would be greatly appreciated!

I am still waiting on my final financial aid/scholarship package from USC, but I'm thinking that because UCLA is a public school and because I fall directly in their median admission numbers (3.76 /167) and slightly ahead of USC's admission numbers, am inclined to think USC will actually cost less than UCLA. 

PLEASE share your thoughts, experiences, and advice!!