Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT in... I got a 150  (Read 8369 times)

LSATFailure2011

• View Profile
LSAT in... I got a 150
« on: March 03, 2011, 05:59:22 PM »
Is this good enough to get into a T3?

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LSAT in... I got a 150
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 06:52:49 PM »
Maybe you can check out lawschoolnumbers.com. The reality is there is not much of a difference between a tier 3/4 school. You might get into some tier 4's the location makes a big difference here. The admissions for tier 3/4 schools in L.A., Boston, San Francisco, New York are higher than tier 2 schools in podunk towns. If you get into an ABA school and want to live in the location of the school it is probably a good investment if you REALLY want to be a lawyer. That is a personal question that only you can answer, but a 150 is not a horrible score. You did better than half the test takers and there are probably a few schools that will admit you. I highly recommend attending a LSAC forum if you are planning to apply for Fall 2012. If you go to each booth and sign your LSAC number you will get a fee waiver from almost every school and this saves a ton of money.

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 10:07:51 AM »
What were you scoring on practice tests?  How much time did you spend studying for LSAT?

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 10:25:38 AM »
Law School numbers is good, and you can also go to https://officialguide.lsac.org/release/OfficialGuide_Default.aspx
plug in your gpa and lsat an it will give you your chances at each law school.  It's a rough estimate, but a helpful place to start.

LSATFailure2011

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 12:26:39 PM »
What were you scoring on practice tests?  How much time did you spend studying for LSAT?

I never took a full practice test timed, but I took a bunch of practice timed sections....

I usually got about 15-17 on LR  13-17 on Reading Comp and 10-11 on Obviously I dissappointed, but the Feb test is undisclosed so I have no idea what my raw score was anyway... I went into the test hoping to get 60 correct answers... I imagine I got pretty close...

You have to also understand that I don't know how to do logic games. Law Schools should consider this when factoring in my score.

The school I wanted to go to the median LSAT is a 155, but accoridng to LSAC website I still have a 20% chance of admission.... Worth giving a shot.....

I'm actually not too demoralized with a 150..... I mean.... It's a bad score, but it was my first time taking the test... Doesn't that count for something?

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 02:38:32 PM »
If you didn't take full practice tests you should absolutely retake. If it was broken up into sections it would be much easier the mental endurance to go through 4 hours of straight questioning is difficult. When you take the bar it will be two days of full testing and you will have spent 3 years and 100k, which will all be riding on you passing a 2 or 3 day test depending on jurisdiction. I would encourage you to take at least a bare minimum of 10 full length practice tests. Yes that is a LOT of time, but it is an important test. If you think the LSAT is a pain in the ass wait until you get to law school. I have not even gotten to the bar phase of it yet I can only imagine how much more intense that is going to be. Law school and the legal profession is serious S***. I think you would be best served to retake and prepare a lot more than you did the first time around. For having not taken a full practice test a 150 is actually not bad, so you have the raw intelligence to get a good score, but you are going to need to put in a lot of work. Good luck to you.

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 02:57:17 PM »
No, and No.  Might be worth focussing on the area of weakness and retaking it.  You CAN figure out how to do the games, there are plenty of published methods out there.

You have to also understand that I don't know how to do logic games. Law Schools should consider this when factoring in my score.

I'm actually not too demoralized with a 150..... I mean.... It's a bad score, but it was my first time taking the test... Doesn't that count for something?

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 03:06:27 PM »
100% agree if this is not a flame post, which I imagine it might be I find it unlikely anyone is going to be sympathetic that you have a hard time with logic games. If you go to law school you can't tell your property professor you know what easements are not for me. Or tell your contracts professor that consideration is to confusing. Or tell the bar examiners that certain aspects of the test are not up your alley. It would be even more great if you did that in a court hearing. You know what your honor the opposing counsel is really making my case look bad and I don't like this. We totally understand opposing counsel your making him feel bad for not presenting a good case in a 5 million dollar lawsuit. It's not a 5 million dollar 3 year litigation that has become extremely personal is important to anyone right? The law gets pretty serious and you can't just say I don't like certain things.

LSATFailure2011

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 04:11:56 PM »
I just don't know what the big deal is. Why is a 150 so much worse than a 155? Why is a 145 so much worse than a 150? It's like a 4-6 answer difference. I know percentiles play a big role in it, but still, it just doesn't seem very fair. Logic Games can't possibly be a law school performance indicator.

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »
I seem to remember, somewhere in a locked thread, that you anticipated a score in the 130s.  I told you that it's incredibly difficult to score in the 130s, and it looks as though I was right....   Good job, although I would still take it again.