Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Question about resume  (Read 406 times)

ReywaL2011

• View Profile
Question about resume
« on: March 02, 2011, 11:49:59 PM »
One school is asking for a resume and wants the the education put in chronological order from the most recent.  After I graduate from college and took some grad courses. I took a semester off but later took a couple of classes I was personally interested in at a near by community college. It was not towards any degree, just some classes I was interested in.

Should I even include that as my most recent? Or, should I start with grad school and move down to my undergrad?

ReywaL2011

• View Profile
Re: Question about resume
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 11:43:16 AM »
20 aspiring law students saw this and not one relevant answer?

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 11:47:24 AM »
I wouldn't include that info under schooling.  You might even consider leaving it off of your resume altogether.

But, you want this info somewhere in your application--it reflects well on your intellectual curiosity, which law schools like.    You have reported your attendance to LSAC correct? 

ReywaL2011

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 03:10:13 PM »
Yes, I reported all of this to LSAC but I'm nervous since I took these courses while holding a full time Job and a part time Job and thus didn't do as well as I did when I went to school for a degree. However, they will see that even during college I was holding down jobs and still managed to do above average.

Thanks for the response.

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 09:45:07 AM »
Unless there is specific instruction otherwise, I'd probably do an "Education" header with all your for-degree work listed under it, then a "continuing education" or "professional education" or something like that with your random odd classes listed there.
HLS 2010