Law Students > Job Search

Is law school a good idea with a General Under Honorable Discharge?

<< < (2/2)

cooley3L:

--- Quote from: niederbomb on February 28, 2011, 09:58:08 AM ---What if I don't know anyone like this and live overseas? 

Is cold calling the firm and asking to talk to the hiring partner an option?  (Probably isn't something I'd want to do with the specific firms I'm interested in).

--- End quote ---
If you live overseas do you plan to keep living overseas? If so, why the plan to attend American law school?

SoCalLawGuy:

--- Quote from: MikePing on February 28, 2011, 11:57:32 AM ---Two great law schools and two licensing jurisdictions don't seem concerned.  Most employers will never even realize what the discharge means. 

--- End quote ---
Exactly what I thought. If two top schools are willing letting it go why would you worry about your future employer? If no one can tell you what the problem was back then it means it's not that important. I'm sure it won't affect your future job.

avarist:

--- Quote from: SoCalLawGuy on September 28, 2012, 03:03:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: MikePing on February 28, 2011, 11:57:32 AM ---Two great law schools and two licensing jurisdictions don't seem concerned.  Most employers will never even realize what the discharge means. 

--- End quote ---
Exactly what I thought. If two top schools are willing letting it go why would you worry about your future employer? If no one can tell you what the problem was back then it means it's not that important. I'm sure it won't affect your future job.

--- End quote ---
I know that you want to reply to an and all posts (for whatever reason) but honestly whats up with the dead threads? (not to even mention you are giving advice as a 0L that has no grounds behind it to give. If  someone wanted a random guess they'd just shake a magic 8 ball)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version