Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: john marshall chicago next spring  (Read 1573 times)

ls112591

• View Profile
john marshall chicago next spring
« on: February 27, 2011, 03:40:49 AM »
Stats: 3.55 gpa from a small private school. Lsat 170. Scheduled to graduate next December. Applying to john Marshall Chicago. What are my chances at a full ride?

ltaylorgsu

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: john marshall chicago next spring
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 12:02:08 PM »
I do not know what your chances on a "full ride" is, but Congrats on your accomplishments thus far!    :)

jinc1019

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 09:21:16 PM »
You will DEFINITELY get a full ride providing that they have not run out of money.

But honestly, you could get a full ride with that LSAT score at a lot better schools than John Marshall unless there is some issue I am not aware of. For instance, in the Chicago area, Chicago-Kent, Loyola-Chicago, and DePaul would probably offer you very very large scholarships and you would have a chance at Northwestern as well (But probably not for big money).

jinc1019

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 09:22:14 PM »
Application deadlines are coming up though so you should hurry with your applications. A lot of schools have March 1st deadlines.

like_lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 10:43:06 PM »
WHY?

Wait a year. Apply to real schools. Get a full ride to WUSTL or Illinois. Don't go to John Marshall.

ls112591

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 04:10:46 PM »
I figured January entrance at John Marshall, since i graduate in December of 2011. John Marshall is one of the only schools that offers January entrance, that i am aware of. I just need financial help from school, just like everyone else lol. Thank you all for replying to my post.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 04:19:12 PM »
Check out lawschoolnumbers.com to see how much students with your numbers recieved. I would imagine you could get a full ride to numerous school with those numbers and you can see all that info on lawschoolnumbers.com. It is a great site to look at when considering your options. Remember the earlier you apply to schools the more likely you are to get scholarship money, but I would imagine schools like Depaul, Loyola Chicago, Northern Illinois, maybe even University of Illinois would offer you a full ride. You can check all that out on lawschoolnumbers.com well good luck to you. Way to kick ass on the LSAT!

jinc1019

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 04:15:33 PM »
I agree, lawschoolnumbers.com is an excellent site and you should really check it out, compare yourself to other students, and make a decision that way.

jinc1019

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 04:16:39 PM »
And don't worry about the January admissions thing...I know you don't want to wait but you are far better off waiting and going to a much better school with just as good of a scholarship. A few months in the long run mean nothing when it comes to law school.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 09:10:41 PM »
Yea your reason of going to John Marshall opposed to other schools based on January admission is not a good idea. The law school you attend will be with you the rest of your life. Starting 8 months earlier is nothing and with your numbers you may be able to get into Northwestern or University of Chicago, which will open many more doors than John Marshall. Not that John Marshall is a bad school, but if you have a chance of getting into a T14 school the opportunities you will have increase dramatically. Waiting an additional 8 months for a lifetime of opportunity is a good decision. If you apply to all the schools in Illinois I imagine a vast majority of them would offer you a near full scholarship. Bottom line is do not rush into it, it is a life altering decision and something you should think long and hard about.