Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Calling All Novus Law School Graduates  (Read 2934 times)

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Calling All Novus Law School Graduates
« on: February 26, 2011, 09:01:02 PM »
Help us with the myths and rumors.  Has anyone graduated from Novus law school to date?  If so, have you been able to sit for the California bar exam?
Angie

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Calling All Novus Law School Graduates
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 11:14:11 PM »
Right after I posted this question, I did a little digging and discovered that someone asked for any Novus graduate's experience  in 2007.  No one responded then either.
Angie

financialandtaxguy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Calling All Novus Law School Graduates
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 03:30:53 PM »
Go to the discussion "Novus Law School," and then you will need to study up on the non-traditional legal study allowed to sit for the California "Baby Bar" and California General Bar.  The key phrase will be "Attorney Supervised Study" for Novus Law Students.  Also, if you just want a legal education to enhance your job skills or work in a legal capacity without Licensed privileges, Novus would be a viable option.  Beware to not get caught up in "bignameitus" because when it comes to the practice of law, genuine moral character is the most important in my opinion.  Save your money, and if you live in California and only plan to practice in California, go to the California Bar website, and then go to the Committee of Bar Examiners link to see the list of non-traditional law schools that are registered to grant law degrees.