Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Im having trouble putting it all together (for June 11 test)  (Read 1683 times)

John1990

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Im having trouble putting it all together (for June 11 test)
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 01:17:36 AM »
I just finished my slow preptest.  Going at a deliberately slow pace i finished each section in around 55-60 minutes and scored a 169.  This puts the whole test in perspective and i now appreciate how difficult it is to score an 88% on this test, as i did on the 56th preptest.  I also realized how incredibly boring this test really is haha.
ill further review the exam tomorrow

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 12:17:20 PM »
Clearly there are fundamental things you are missing.  Post some questions that have you stumped and your reasoning in picking your answer.

John1990

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 06:10:17 PM »
section 1
I got 2 questions wrong in the logic games that were just really sloppy mistakes, not really worth mentioning.
section 2
ive already gone over this in depth
section 3
Q10- i choose B instead of C, thinking that popularity was relative and that similar concerts would be the only base for that popularity
Q15- i thought D was more of a main point than a strengthen, i thought that B would logically follow
Q21- i thought D was wrong, the inro of similar dances was account enough for the revival, i went with C
section 4
Q17-Answer choices C and D were to similar for me to distinguish
Q21- i was not sure if the passage stated that the affects were negative on the minority group.

After reviewing the test a few time i understand most of the mistakes i made

John1990

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 06:14:40 PM »
about 3 days after my slow exam i took preptest #13.  I took this test at a speedy but comfortable pase.  I would mark where i was at 35 minutes on each section and then tally my score assuming that i guessed E on every question left unanswered.  I would then continue to finish the section at the same comfortable pace. 
This resulted in 2 scores: a timed score and an untimed score (although the untimed score was still at a hurried pace)
The result was good i got a 164 timed and a 170 untimed.  Im preparing to take Preptest 14 now, hopefully i will score mid 160s again, either way i think i improved from a calmer approach and more "prephasing"

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 06:17:56 PM »
about 3 days after my slow exam i took preptest #13.  I took this test at a speedy but comfortable pase.  I would mark where i was at 35 minutes on each section and then tally my score assuming that i guessed E on every question left unanswered.  I would then continue to finish the section at the same comfortable pace. 
This resulted in 2 scores: a timed score and an untimed score (although the untimed score was still at a hurried pace)
The result was good i got a 164 timed and a 170 untimed.  Im preparing to take Preptest 14 now, hopefully i will score mid 160s again, either way i think i improved from a calmer approach and more "prephasing"

This is great, but still room for improvement.  Try slowing down even more on a test (take two days if you need to) and see if you can nail a 180.  I will try and address your earlier questions later this evening.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 12:22:45 AM »
section 1
I got 2 questions wrong in the logic games that were just really sloppy mistakes, not really worth mentioning.
section 2
ive already gone over this in depth
section 3
Q10- i choose B instead of C, thinking that popularity was relative and that similar concerts would be the only base for that popularity
Q15- i thought D was more of a main point than a strengthen, i thought that B would logically follow
Q21- i thought D was wrong, the inro of similar dances was account enough for the revival, i went with C
section 4
Q17-Answer choices C and D were to similar for me to distinguish
Q21- i was not sure if the passage stated that the affects were negative on the minority group.

After reviewing the test a few time i understand most of the mistakes i made

What PT is this?

John1990

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 12:51:15 PM »
number 56