Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Received email for Info Session and Online Chat - Am I in?  (Read 2128 times)

Lawyered

• View Profile
    • Email
Received email for Info Session and Online Chat - Am I in?
« on: February 23, 2011, 09:14:46 PM »
Hey all...so my status checker for St Thomas has said 'Congratulations You've been Accepted!' for almost a week and I haven't received anything in the mail....the fee portion shows a line for "Summer Conditional Fee"  so I was disappointed but then today I received two emails for invitations for an information session for admitted students and an online chat.

Does anyone have any insight into whether I'm accepted straight or through Summer Conditional? Has anyone been accepted through Summer Conditional and what does it say in the status checker for that? Thanks in advance!

lawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Received email for Info Session and Online Chat - Am I in?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 09:45:41 PM »
As a general rule any Congrat you are accepted responces are an affirmative responce.
To be positive on it, email or call them. I'd recommend both.

Hey all...so my status checker for St Thomas has said 'Congratulations You've been Accepted!' for almost a week and I haven't received anything in the mail....the fee portion shows a line for "Summer Conditional Fee"  so I was disappointed but then today I received two emails for invitations for an information session for admitted students and an online chat.

Does anyone have any insight into whether I'm accepted straight or through Summer Conditional? Has anyone been accepted through Summer Conditional and what does it say in the status checker for that? Thanks in advance!

Lawyered

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 09:54:39 PM »
Thanks appreciate the response...I emailed earlier today but didn't get a response from them yet. I'm really just being anxious, planning on calling tomorrow. If anyone has been accepted to Summer Conditional let me know what it said on your status checker.

lawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 11:56:06 PM »
whats a summer conditional? Does it count towards the JD or is it a seperate program?

Lawyered

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 12:38:30 AM »
The website has a better description than I'd be able to write: Summer Conditional Program
The Summer Conditional Program permits invited students lacking the traditional indicia of success to demonstrate that their ability transcends their quantitative credentials. Applicants possessing credentials close to those of accepted students may be invited to participate in a three-week set of week-long units on various topics beginning in mid-June.  Each unit is taught by a full-time member of the law faculty.  At the end of each week, students will be tested on the material covered during that week.  Students will be graded on a point-scale system; students in the top 20% of the class will be admitted to the fall entering class.  The performance in law school of students admitted through the Conditional Program has been strong.

I don't think I would go for this, its too subjective and risky especially since I don't already live in Miami.

lawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 01:00:53 AM »
top 20%? Wow, that means that 80% of the group will be catscratching eachothers eyes out.
Yeah, I wouldn't do that BS either. Seems like a scam so that the school can make a lot of money.
People can diss T4's all they want, but an 80% Attrition rate is INSANE! Just a money making scam.

The website has a better description than I'd be able to write: Summer Conditional Program
The Summer Conditional Program permits invited students lacking the traditional indicia of success to demonstrate that their ability transcends their quantitative credentials. Applicants possessing credentials close to those of accepted students may be invited to participate in a three-week set of week-long units on various topics beginning in mid-June.  Each unit is taught by a full-time member of the law faculty.  At the end of each week, students will be tested on the material covered during that week.  Students will be graded on a point-scale system; students in the top 20% of the class will be admitted to the fall entering class.  The performance in law school of students admitted through the Conditional Program has been strong.

I don't think I would go for this, its too subjective and risky especially since I don't already live in Miami.

Lawyered

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 12:32:01 PM »
Nevermind, I am in directly...thanks!

lawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 01:46:34 PM »
 ;)
Nevermind, I am in directly...thanks!

epidemika

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2011, 04:34:02 PM »
Congratulations!  I'll be attending St. Thomas in the fall and will likely pursue the JD/MBA in Sports Admin.  Good luck to everyone!

jlt

• View Profile
Summer Conditional Program
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 01:05:16 AM »
I got accepted to the summer conditional program. I am not sure if I should take this opportunity or take the lsat again (147). I feel that if I would of applied earlier I would of being accepted. Anyone planning on attending the program?