Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: bottom quarter at davis...no debt...what should i do?  (Read 421 times)

Yezzir

• View Profile
bottom quarter at davis...no debt...what should i do?
« on: February 22, 2011, 04:37:21 PM »
So I am currently around the 21st-22nd percentile at davis...which means 1 out of every 5 students is below me and 4/5 is above me. I didn't expect to be this low.

I want to work in sac/SF...although I'd be fine anywhere in norcal. I have no debt coming out, although I obviously would want to go into private practice and make decent $$. I love some classes of the law, and I am pretty sure I want to be a lawyer.

I know I will have to review exams with professors...but what other things should I try and do to do better this semester?

Also, what kind of jobs/salary do you think I'd be looking at? Biglaw and midlaw is out of the question I suppose...but what other jobs am I looking to get? I'm trying to gauge this, so I can plan my 1L summer job accordingly.

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
Re: bottom quarter at davis...no debt...what should i do?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 01:36:23 PM »
You are at a solid law school, and you won't have debt.  Keep plugging.  1L summer, you might seriously consider interning for a DA.  Go buy the book Getting To Maybe: How to Excel on Law School Exams today.  Meet with your professors and see what you can do to improve your grades.  Gravitate towards clinics and--if it's possible with your grades--join the Moot Court team.

Good luck!

lawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: bottom quarter at davis...no debt...what should i do?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 03:37:03 PM »
Why transfer? Do you think you will do BETTER at a school that tends to accept people with higher GPA and LSAT scores?