Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Whittier, La Verne and Thomas Jefferson  (Read 2241 times)

lawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Whittier, La Verne and Thomas Jefferson
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 11:44:59 PM »
And you are probably right, I just see a lot of people posting here  :'( ing about the #1 lawschool is so horrible is the price.
That's why I tossed it out there. Heck, I think the online ones are cheaper than that, and there are even a few you can even do through the mail!

They would save a lot of money, but paying for the ABA tag is generally a good investment. Many positions require you graduate from an ABA school. JAG is an example of that you simply cannot do it unless you go to an ABA school. I am going to throw out a B-Ball analogy for the hell of it. CBA schools are like the NBDL it is basketball league and if you excel it can work out. The ABA is the NBA and although anyone would rather play for the Lakers than the Clippers being on an NBA roster beats being on an NBDL roster. Whittier, La Verne etc would like being on the clippers not ideal, but hey your still in the NBA. Whittier is not Harvard, but you are still at an ABA school. I really think it is generally the better route. I do know succesful attorney from CBA schools and the mayor of L.A. went to a non-aba school People's law school I believe. Mayor of L.A. is a pretty position so it certainly can work out, but generally ABA is worth the extra money IMHO.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 12:18:14 PM »
I think they are all only in California though, but I might be wrong. California is a unique state and has so many freaking people that room for lawyers exists and if you can pass the bar here you are doing alright. I believe it is the hardest one of all 50 states and if you can pass it by going to school through the mail then you are a pretty capable person. I believe the pass rate for a lot of CBA/online schools is extremely low though.

The cost is ridiculous, but that is higher education. You have to go to college and often grad school just to have a shot at a job. When you are 18 and 23 years old there is not much you can do so the schools in every field take advantage and just jack up prices. There is nothing you can do about it either. My school could jack up tuition 10k tomorrow and there is little I could do about it.

lawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 12:57:59 PM »
Expect the prices to change pretty soon. The govt now controls student loans and for decades has done rent control and other price regulations that they claim jurisdiction in. I doubt they want to keep giving insane loans to schools. Expect Obama to make a law soon regulating a  max price of tuition for any school accepting govt grants or student aid. The commerce clause is a wonderful thing.

I think they are all only in California though, but I might be wrong. California is a unique state and has so many freaking people that room for lawyers exists and if you can pass the bar here you are doing alright. I believe it is the hardest one of all 50 states and if you can pass it by going to school through the mail then you are a pretty capable person. I believe the pass rate for a lot of CBA/online schools is extremely low though.

The cost is ridiculous, but that is higher education. You have to go to college and often grad school just to have a shot at a job. When you are 18 and 23 years old there is not much you can do so the schools in every field take advantage and just jack up prices. There is nothing you can do about it either. My school could jack up tuition 10k tomorrow and there is little I could do about it.