Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Thoughts on February's LSAT? Should I cancel?  (Read 782 times)

cafe au lait

• View Profile
Thoughts on February's LSAT? Should I cancel?
« on: February 16, 2011, 02:36:47 PM »
Hi everyone,

I am not sure what to do. I scored a 153 on the Oct 2010 prep test and was hoping to score higher (155) for this past Feb test, but I dont think I did well personally.

I thought each section was hard. I only got up to 20 questions per section and felt like I was using the process of elimination method for each question. I felt like I only got half of each game, reading passage and half the LR questions correct. I never felt like this taking any other prep test. I thought this last one was especially hard.

Should I cancel my score? Any thoughts on how hard the LR and games were? I cant remember the 2nd game for the life of me--was it a grouping game?

Thank you for reading and if you reply back I will definitely appreciate any and all feedback!

lawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on February's LSAT? Should I cancel?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 03:40:30 PM »
I'd only cancel if you honestly think you did worse than before.

Remember, a lot of lawschools go with the higher of the two anyways. Do you know what the policy is at the schools you want to attend?
I'd check that first. If they go with the highest, then I wouldn't cancel regardless.

Graeme

• View Profile
    • lsat prep 180
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 06:07:28 PM »
I second lawstudents' reply:  Check if the schools you're interested in take an average, or just the highest score. 

There's no downside to keeping your score if they take the highest.  Either:

1.  You'll get a better score, Or

2.  You'll get a bit more data to analyze, if you plan to write again.  Don't underestimate how useful this is. 
lsatprep180.com - free half hour LSAT lesson

cafe au lait

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 07:40:53 PM »
Thank you. To be quite honest, I really dont know how I did. I could have scored way below my usual 153 or scored right around that range. I really feel like I did bad. I felt unsure about each logic game and about 2 passages on the reading. I only got up to 3 passages. But, as my friend says, you never know?