Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Options for people who suck at the LSAT and have a low GPA  (Read 6580 times)

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Options for people who suck at the LSAT and have a low GPA
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 10:56:28 PM »
If you never have met someone who scored in the 130s, that's a problem on your end. Plenty of people score in the 130s and it's absolutely silly to think otherwise.

I'm not saying that people don't score in the 130s.  I've just never met such a person.  I'm not sure that's a problem on my end.  Rather, I think it speaks volumes about the type of people with whom I choose to associate.

lawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 11:35:48 PM »
and yet you call someone a flame for it...... :-X

If you never have met someone who scored in the 130s, that's a problem on your end. Plenty of people score in the 130s and it's absolutely silly to think otherwise.

I'm not saying that people don't score in the 130s.  I've just never met such a person.  I'm not sure that's a problem on my end.  Rather, I think it speaks volumes about the type of people with whom I choose to associate.

lawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2011, 11:36:45 PM »
Yes you did.

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!(clerk :'( )HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! ::)

Ok, so then what's your excuse for not knowing all said things if your so great then?

WTF are you talking about?  The OP posted that he thought he made a 130 on the LSAT because he had IBS.  I told him that he was flame - no one makes a 130 on the LSAT.  You quote me in post #10 and talk about how you're sorry that you offended my school - a post that was completely out of the blue.

I'm not sure what you don't understand about my posts or what your problem is.  But, I do hope that you improve your reading comprehension skills prior to law school.  As an aside, I've already proven in my past posts that I am, in fact, a federal district court clerk.  One of the mods verified my IP address as one belonging to courts in a particular circuit.

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2011, 11:59:33 PM »
Yes you did.

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!(clerk :'( )HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! ::)

Ok, so then what's your excuse for not knowing all said things if your so great then?

WTF are you talking about?  The OP posted that he thought he made a 130 on the LSAT because he had IBS.  I told him that he was flame - no one makes a 130 on the LSAT.  You quote me in post #10 and talk about how you're sorry that you offended my school - a post that was completely out of the blue.

I'm not sure what you don't understand about my posts or what your problem is.  But, I do hope that you improve your reading comprehension skills prior to law school.  As an aside, I've already proven in my past posts that I am, in fact, a federal district court clerk.  One of the mods verified my IP address as one belonging to courts in a particular circuit.

Sorry that I've never heard of anyone scoring in the 130s on the LSAT.  You seem to be much more familiar with this sort of thing than I am, so I will yield to your experience.  IIRC, you get a 120 just for signing your name.  Therefore, it seems highly unlikely to me that OP scored in the 130s.  Maybe the guy isn't flame.  I don't know.  I do know this though:  If OP did get in the 130s on the LSAT, law school should be the last thing on his mind.

P.S. - You still haven't explained post #10, or your comment re: "[getting a clerkship is like] trying to get bragging rights for being the janitor."

lawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 12:50:36 AM »
Then you shouldn't  have called him that then. For someone who quotes wikipedia and has time to respond to all this (using your govt computer no less) You sure shouldn't be throwing stones. Grow up and buy a pair of pants and get a real mans job eh clerkie? I get it, bottombitch is fun and you want to brag, but it's still bottombitch. Get over it.

LSATFailure2011

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 01:01:00 AM »

Have you ever heard of Aspergers Syndrome?  Your posts reek of someone who is riding the Autistic Spectrum Train....

It seems like you're implying that people whos score in the 130's on their LSAT's are "subhuman"... or at the very least inferior to you...

BTW... I'm 22 years old, and got a job with a start up company last year, that has taken off. Guess how much I am making now? Almost 70K annual salary... Not bad for a 2010 undergrad.... I didn't include that in my initial post either.

How much does the district court pay you???

Have you paid off your law school debts yet???

I'm not trying to be an a-hole, and do appreciate your insight. I just think you have some ill concieved thoughts travelling through your mind. Who honestly passes judgment on someone based on their LSAT score?

lawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 01:25:34 AM »
I want to support you here since I hate this duesh too, but a lot of lawyers start out over $100K.
(true on the student loans part though, shitsabitch! :( )

Have you ever heard of Aspergers Syndrome?  Your posts reek of someone who is riding the Autistic Spectrum Train....

It seems like you're implying that people whos score in the 130's on their LSAT's are "subhuman"... or at the very least inferior to you...

BTW... I'm 22 years old, and got a job with a start up company last year, that has taken off. Guess how much I am making now? Almost 70K annual salary... Not bad for a 2010 undergrad.... I didn't include that in my initial post either.

I'm not trying to be an a-hole, and do appreciate your insight. I just think you have some ill concieved thoughts travelling through your mind. Who honestly passes judgment on someone based on their LSAT score?

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2011, 06:22:47 AM »

1.  $68,911   (JSP 12-1 + COLA.  I get 13 paid days of vacation and EXCELLENT benefits.  Work 9-5)
2.  Yes, all of them.
3.  I'll be making $170,000 next year (1st year rate + clerkship bonus).  Scored a biglaw job.  Good luck with your start-up job.

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 06:31:45 AM »
Then you shouldn't  have called him that then. For someone who quotes wikipedia and has time to respond to all this (using your govt computer no less) You sure shouldn't be throwing stones. Grow up and buy a pair of pants and get a real mans job eh clerkie? I get it, bottombitch is fun and you want to brag, but it's still bottombitch. Get over it.

Bottombitch?  Lol.. I basically decide cases and write the opinions.  But, hey, if that's what you want to believe so that you can sleep at night, that's fine with me.

lawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011, 01:11:46 PM »
So you violate the rules of professional conduct. (big win for the big man)

Bottombitch?  Lol.. I basically decide cases and write the opinions.  But, hey, if that's what you want to believe so that you can sleep at night, that's fine with me.