USC ($40k/year)
 0 (0%)
University of Texas, Austin ($44k/year)
 2 (40%)
UCLA ($31k/year)
 2 (40%)
Loyola, (L.A) ($10k/year)
 0 (0%)
Indiana University (full tuition scholarship)
 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Please help me choose where to go!! :D  (Read 381 times)

SoCalLawLove

• View Profile
Please help me choose where to go!! :D
« on: February 12, 2011, 10:30:42 PM »
Hi Guys and Gals,

I really need you help deciding where to go so let me tell you a little bit about myself.  I'm from Los Angeles and I would like come back home to practice but I'm open to the idea of going to school out state for the right opportunity.  I want to work Big Law right out of school, preferably in Los Angeles, San Diego, or San Francisco. I went to Indiana for college and had an incredible experience there.  I love the town, the campus, and the institution already.  Though I know I don't want to practice in the Midwest, I am very enticed  by the idea of graduating debt free (full-ride) from a top 30 school (#27 this year, #23 last year).

• UCLA and USC have always been my dream schools but I will have to pay pretty close to sticker price if I want to go to either of the best schools in LA.
  • UT has always appealed to be because the city that its in, its academic reputation and experience, and the greater institution of UT that it's apart of.   
    • I went to Indiana for college and had an incredible experience there.  I love the town, the campus, and the institution already.  Though I know I don't want to practice in the Midwest, I am very enticed  by the idea of graduating debt free (full-ride) from a top 30 school (#27 this year, #23 last year).
    • Loyola is arguably the 3rd best school in LA, has a very solid reputation and alumni network in LA, and is at a 75% discount ($10k/year)

I also anticipate I will get into UC Davis and UC Hastings, and possibly University of Virginia,  but I'm not sure what kind of scholarship I can expect from them.

So, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know what you think and tell me WHY.