Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: La Verne  (Read 592 times)

Kurt Cobain

• View Profile
La Verne
« on: January 26, 2011, 06:00:37 PM »
Hey everyone,

I was just accepted to La Verne. I have some acceptances from more highly ranked schools, but they gave me some really good money, so I'm considering it for next fall. Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone attends/has attended, and what their experience has been like in terms of job prospects, etc. Also, I noticed that their bar pass rate has been declining recently. Does anyone have any insight as to why that is? Any feedback from anyone with first-hand experience with the school would be appreciated. Thanks!

Zhanghief

• View Profile
Re: La Verne
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 11:58:54 AM »
I think you should double check to see if they are accredited.... I believe they are only provisionally accredited

Kurt Cobain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 03:39:41 PM »
They are provisionally accredited, but they are going in review for full this June.

Zhanghief

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 05:24:10 PM »
I would be cautious about provisionally accredited schools.  Since there are already many law schools (4 tiers worth), going to a provisionally accredited school is something you should think hard about.  If they give you a full scholarship though with NO stipulations then maybe.  I am probably going to end up choosing a third tier law school with a full scholarship.  But the stipulations on my scholarship are very very very easy to meet... I think like top 70% or something like that.  I know for some TTT or TTTT schools the stipulations are ridiculous and usually about half of the students lose their scholarships.  Just curious, what are the scholarship stipulations at La Verne?  By the way if you end up going there good luck! 

Kurt Cobain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 06:16:59 PM »
They are:

Top 30%: Keep full amount originally offered
Top 40%: Keep 75% of it
Top 50%: Keep half
Top 75%: Keep 25%
Bottom 25%: Nothing

I might try negotiating this, do you have any thoughts? I'm definitely confident that I could be top 30%, but it's still a risk, ya know? My main worry about asking is coming off as a slacker. And JW, where is your scholarship to?