Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 159 LSAT, 3.6 GPA  (Read 9817 times)

MEMEMEME

Re: 159 LSAT, 3.6 GPA
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 07:10:53 PM »
I don't know, do people real improve that much on the second run? I heard that they basically stay within the score band unless they didn't prep the first time and did a lot the next time.

It doesn't matter if they improve or not.  If the same test taker posts up a 150 and at the next administration posts up another 150, both scores of the same test taker will count when calculating percentages on future exams.  One test taker, two scores.  Actually if they stay within their score range it could skew the bottom portion of the percentile calculations even more because people with lower scores retake at higher rates than folks with higher scores.

You know, nevermind, if you don't get it, you don't get it.

Actually, I do have a background in statistics and I think LSAC employs a pretty good group of bright people - I think they realize that people take it more than once and WHO those people are, creepy huh? More than that, a person isn't capable of taking the test twice during one administration, so there is only one scale for each administration based on those people who took it for that test. They then weight it against the other tests during what I believeis a three-year period of administrations and I am positive, to be able to accurately say with a 3 point range that this is a true score of the person and that moreover, it is a determinant at this time of their success in law school, they MUST have some sort of system to take into account the point you keep rambling on and being defensive and disrespectful about. Sorry for the run-on, but that's the only way to describe it.

Of course LSAC can't know how many people tried or were sick or were sad because their boyfriend/girlfriend broke up with them, but you're assuming there is a significant disportion to these percentile rankings because of it. There isn't. Read a book on statistics and go take the median for all of people admitted to ABA-APPROVED law schools in 2010 and then you will have one score for one person to calculate. Let me know how far off a 159 is from the 79th percentile based on those calculations. While you're at it, go and see how LSAC takes into account your point and then let us know. Maybe I will call them just so I can crush your condescending a**.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 10:30:59 PM »
So the point of that babbling is it is awesome you scored a 160+ on your LSAT. You obviously worked hard on achieving that score, but I think it is possible you have a knack for the test on top of  the work you put into achieving a high score. That is just my opinion though. .

It's obvious to me that your problem is that instead of reading what people actually write, you read a few words and then assume (wrongly) what it is you think they are saying.  Your assumptions are astonishing in their breadth, stupidity and bitterness.

It is isn't it. It is sad that I post on here as much as I do. It is even sadder that someone would get angry on an internet board with random people. Maybe you should go talk to a girl or something.

MEMEMEME

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 11:52:42 PM »
Bottom line, respectful argumentation using verifiable evidence is what is appropriate on this forum unless you're posting on an off-topic board. Even then, undercutting people with personal attacks is fallacious and not tolerated in the "legal battlefield" if you will. It may happen, but it is certainly unprofessional and it might win the battle, but not the war.

Hey bigs, I appreciate your insights on here so I don't think it's sad. I might not always 100% agree with you, but I like your perspective.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 12:03:21 AM »
HOW DARE YOU NOT AGREE WITH EVERYTHING I SAY!!!!!   :)

Thanks it is a little strange for me to post several times a day especially considering I have about a million and one things to learn about the legal profession. On top of that everyone is a random person on the internet so it is a little weird, but it is interesting to hear what other people have to say.