Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tell me EVERYTHING about Pepperdine  (Read 981 times)

salve5

• View Profile
    • Email
Tell me EVERYTHING about Pepperdine
« on: January 20, 2011, 03:31:34 PM »
Got accepted to Pepperdine Law and I'd like to know as much as I can about it.  I've done my own reading, but specifically I want to know about BigLaw prospects out of Pepperdine, and the likelihood of being able to transfer to USC, UCLA, or Berkeley after the first year at Pepperdine.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tell me EVERYTHING about Pepperdine
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 05:19:00 PM »
Pepperdine is a beautiful campus and a decent school, but if BigLaw is your main goal the odds of it happening from Pepperdine are minimal. It is also never a good idea to go to a school with the intention of transferring. Almost every incoming 1L at every school believes they will be in the top 10%, which is likely what is necessary to transfer into any of the schools you have listed. It is not a knock on you, but you will only have a 10% chance of finishing in the top 10%. If BigLaw is your main goal then your only options are to continue taking the LSAT until you get a 165+ score.

I do know many people who have had successful careers as lawyers from Pepperdine, but none have or are currently working in Biglaw.