Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2.9 GPA and 147 LSAT...  (Read 4425 times)

thenupes

• View Profile
2.9 GPA and 147 LSAT...
« on: January 19, 2011, 01:29:15 AM »
AA male, 2.9 and 147. Strong LOR's, essays and nice amount of significant work experience. Do I have a chance at getting into any school lol? Howard is the top choice... Thanks!

smartandunique

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2.9 GPA and 147 LSAT...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 02:11:47 PM »
I don't know about Howard but you may have a chance at NCCU.(North Carolina Central University)

lawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 02:02:33 PM »
Honestly, those are both super low. You might get a bump due to URM, but you don't want to go in unprepared either do you?

My advise, just retake the test and take a few easy undergrad classes to raise your GPA. You can get better shots at scholarships that way too.

Nic Benny

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 04:00:19 PM »
It will difficult, but you can do it!

I know several people with similar LSAT scores that with similar or higher GPAs that received acceptance letters from schools in the top 100.

It all depends on timing, the needs of the school, your essay and lots of PRAYER.

You can do it with your current stats - but you would have to apply to numerous schools (maybe 12-15) just to increase your chances.  If you want to get into Howard, I would advise that you sit for the LSAT again.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 08:27:25 PM »
Check out lawschoolnumbers.com it is the best site for these type of 0L admission questions. You can see where people with your exact numbers-background got in. You can also see how much scholarship money etc people received. Being an AA male-URM will boost your admission chances significanlty, which you can see on lawschoolnumbers.com. It might be worthwhile to take the LSAT again, but there are at least a handful of ABA schools that will accept you with your numbers. Lawschoolnumbers.com is the best way to get the answers to admission questions.

AspiringBlackLawyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 04:52:32 AM »
Look bruh you can get into law school but this is what you gotta do....GET YOUR APPS IN EARLY.

Im talking like..as soon as they release the app....15 minutes later have it all filled out and press apply. Have a complete LSAC file asap. All your recommenders and transcripts done and in. EVERY law school has about 10 or so spots
where they can just give admission to anyone where it wont affect the LSAT admission score the schools get. The key is to be EARLY.

Honestly when it comes to howard...you are going to need a miracle!! Just take it over bruh. 10 more points and you would be a sure thing at schools even better than howard.

howardsbest

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 01:54:03 PM »
Your best bet is to talk to an admissions officer, they can give you the best guidance. Also you should take the LSAT over if you have only taken it once. You should also have a diversity letter and extra letter explaining why your GPA was low.

I had those same stats and I made it into a top 75 school. The road is rough and it took hell and hi water to do it, but it can be done.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 10:37:41 PM »
AA male, 2.9 and 147. Strong LOR's, essays and nice amount of significant work experience. Do I have a chance at getting into any school lol? Howard is the top choice... Thanks!

not much of a chance...sorry.
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare