« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2014, 07:09:32 PM »

barprephero

Re: Mid-Atlantic School of Law
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2014, 07:43:26 PM »
http://www.bppe.ca.gov/
they must have brought it back, its still a f-ing pathetic joke though

« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2014, 10:10:42 PM »
Except, at least you can get a hot dog from a hot dog vendor!

barprephero

« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2014, 09:08:02 PM »
Except, at least you can get a hot dog from a hot dog vendor!
I smell a joke, but I don't get it

« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2014, 07:44:35 AM »
Yes, that was a reply to a previous poster's comment comparing a hot dog to Mid-Atlantic.  For some reason, it doesn't always quote the post I'm replying to...

« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2014, 10:32:05 PM »
Is this law school still open? I can't find a website for them. Anybody have a link?

vanceap3

• Currently Law Student at Northumbria in UK
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2014, 03:45:25 PM »
No, MASL is out of business.

« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2015, 05:09:11 PM »
Re: Mid-Atlantic School of Law - Earned my JD from MASL in 2013.  Started at age 63 and finished at age 67.  Never intended to take the BAR EXAM. Learned a lot and in fact, have litigated cases in both local circuit, federal courts and appeals in both courts as a Pro Se litigant.  If I were a teacher, the method used at MASL is what I would use.  You have to read the entire book before you can outline it.  Then you have to go through the book again to outline it.  Then you have to submit a 1500 word composition on the subject.  The curriculum is the SAME as it it in a brick and mortar school and once you read the book on each subject, re-read it to outline it, type the outline, and then research a 1500 word composition on the subject, I guarantee you that you have LEARNED that subject, PLUS you always have an outline to go back to.  People who attend brick and mortar schools do not retain all the information they are taught.  It's impossible unless they use it day in and day out and most lawyers use law clerks or paralegals to do all their research, brief writing, etc.  All the lawyer does is litigate the case in court which is the one and only thing an MASL graduate can't do.  Well worth the time and especially the money.  Why would I want  to spend a couple hundred thousand dollars to learn the law when I'm not even going to practice. However that last statement is not even true.  Anyone can practice in court.  I've been a pro se litigant for myself five times in court. on civil law suits and on those that were dismissed without prejudice, I filed appeals on.  Once you've learned the basics of each legal subject (civil procedure for example) you can take if as far as you want.  Great program and very satisfied with my results.