Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Mid-Atlantic School of Law  (Read 16499 times)

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mid-Atlantic School of Law
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2013, 08:14:16 PM »
Passaroa Blackstone is not a law school, its legal faculty consists of one guy with apparentkly a legitimate JD but no law license.

Why don't you look into being a McKenzie friend?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McKenzie_friend

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2013, 04:15:16 AM »
I never said that www.blackstone.edu is a law school.  The other person wanted to know which paralegal course I took.  My answer was the legal assistant course at www.blackstone.edu.
Angie

leadfoot

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2013, 11:27:34 PM »
I agree  Angie Calif schools try to make believe they offer some thing unique .Masl provides a similar education at a fraction of the price..

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2013, 11:07:58 PM »
REALLY GOOD LEGAL LOGIC - m*sl is just same as good as one of the dawgon California schools 'cept you can't take the bar, can't become lawyer and the degree is completely unaccredited and the school is a sham and run from an offshore mail drop, did I mention the website looks like it was done in Wordpress by someone's 12 year brother?  You might as well just get a diploma mill JD and cut out the middleman.

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2013, 11:45:29 PM »
Nothing is impossible.   In California, students can sit for the FYLSE and, ultimately, the California bar simply by studying the law in a judge's or attorney's office.  A superbroke (like me), but really motivated student can enroll in Mid-Atlantic, read, and brief, at least 25 cases of the court opinions cited in each Gilbert's volume, do an internship or write a book synthesizing a legal issue and petition the California Supreme Court to show it what the student can do.  There are many court opinions written by the courts of several state supreme courts discussing the very issue of the petitioner seeking to take that state's bar exam because the student had not attended an accredited law school.  Read the case law. 

The petitioner will have a pretty tough burden of proof because Mid-Atlantic is not accredited.  But, the petitioner will have meticulous notes demonstrating that he/she has acquired the necessary knowledge.  And, his/her very petition and oral argument before the court will hint at actual proof that he/she has what it takes to be an attorney.
Angie

leadfoot

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2013, 10:27:08 AM »
I AGREE I am a student of MASL and will be working with a local attorney .Angie has it right ,any thing is possible.Iam a New York resident and there are obtions for the DC bar.       

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2013, 11:01:19 AM »
You will have to have an almost encyclopedic knowledge of the law simply because Mid Atlantic is not an ABA approved school.  But, you can achieve your goal.  It is your knowledge of the law that will make you a lawyer; not the name of the school you graduated from.
Angie

leadfoot

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2013, 12:24:45 PM »
I agree it is not easy and it takes a lot of work..Ron

Maintain FL 350

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2013, 01:53:49 PM »
It is your knowledge of the law that will make you a lawyer; not the name of the school you graduated from.

I more or less agree with you. I meet people here in CA every single day that went to small, local, non-ABA schools and are successful attorneys.

That said, the chances of successfully challenging a state bar in court are nearly zero. Remember, state bars are allowed to set their own policies. They aren't obligated to admit anyone. That fact that one state has admitted a non-accredited student does not set a precedent for any other state.

Why choose the most difficult and uncertain path? I've asked this before, has any MASL student been admitted to any bar in the U.S.? Even in CA, which has the most open policies of any state, I don't think the MASL degree alone would qualify one to take the bar.

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2013, 11:05:38 PM »
No M*SL student will admitted to the California or DC Bars - the apocryphal stories by N##VUS and M#SL involve would be lawyers studying in maybe law offices - it is just a sad scam and the true believers will not admit reality.  Reality check - How come no one associated with those schools (including so called deans) is actually a member of a bar?