Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Mid-Atlantic School of Law  (Read 14794 times)

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mid-Atlantic School of Law
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 07:29:35 PM »
A JD from a phony law school is not the equal of a Masters in Legal Studies from a regionally accredited university.  MASL is unaccredited and it's degree is not worth the paper it is printed on.  And yes it is a phony law school becuase its JD degree is not a professional degree that allows its grads to become attorneys. 

They have such integrity at MASL that their domain registration is cloaked:

Domain ID:D150495852-LROR
Domain Name:MIDATLANTICLAW.ORG
Created On:28-Dec-2007 22:46:31 UTC
Last Updated On:29-Dec-2011 01:35:18 UTC
Expiration Date:28-Dec-2012 22:46:31 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:1 & 1 Internet AG (R73-LROR)
Registrant ID:SPAG-41530833
Registrant Name:Oneandone Private Registration
Registrant Organization:1&1 Internet, Inc. - http://1and1.com/contact
Registrant Street1:701 Lee Road, Suite 300
Registrant Street2:ATTN: midatlanticlaw.org
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Chesterbrook
Registrant State/Province:PA
Registrant Postal Code:19087
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:            +1.8772064254     
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:@1and1-private-registration.com
Admin ID:SPAG-41530833
Admin Name:Oneandone Private Registration
Admin Organization:1&1 Internet, Inc. - http://1and1.com/contact
Admin Street1:701 Lee Road, Suite 300
Admin Street2:ATTN: midatlanticlaw.org
Admin Street3:
Admin City:Chesterbrook
Admin State/Province:PA
Admin Postal Code:19087
Admin Country:US
Admin Phone:            +1.8772064254     
Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:@1and1-private-registration.com
Tech ID:SPAG-41530833
Tech Name:Oneandone Private Registration
Tech Organization:1&1 Internet, Inc. - http://1and1.com/contact
Tech Street1:701 Lee Road, Suite 300
Tech Street2:ATTN: midatlanticlaw.org
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Chesterbrook
Tech State/Province:PA
Tech Postal Code:19087
Tech Country:US
Tech Phone:            +1.8772064254     
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:@1and1-private-registration.com
Name Server:NS57.1AND1.COM
Name Server:NS58.1AND1.COM

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2012, 09:20:45 AM »
I have been doing my research and found MASL a good school for students who understands what they are getting.Not every one has the time, energy or money to go to Harvard or Princeton.Students can take the DC bar with Rule 46.There is a well know ABA LAW SCHOOL ON LONG ISLAND NY that will let you do this when you graduate MASL. Lets get off our high horse and stop bashing a true solution THAT HELPS people get what they  truely want .Ron A .MBA

Why don't you just state that Touro accepts students for a non matriculation program? However that does not guarantee the DC Bar will do anything but laugh at the MASL degree in the end.

http://www.tourolaw.edu/Admissions/?pageid=194

However this is useful info for non ABA California law school grads who cannot pass the California Bar, and want to pay approximately $40,000 in fees to Touro for a chance at the second toughest bar in the country.

Talk about a Rube Goldberg "solution."

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2012, 10:58:19 AM »
Hmm, a careful check of their website reveals thay have no mailing address.

Even would be, wannabe attorneys, might be a little skeptical of that one?

When you apply to take the DC bar (after shelling out $40K to attend classes at Touro) how would you fill out the DC bar application I wonder.

How much you want to bet the address is "offhore?"

oceanblue57

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 11:12:36 PM »
I am not sure why you have so much anger for MASL did you start there and get dismissed.Rule 46 clearly states graduate  from a non ABA  school.  Take 26 credits from a ABA  school AND YOU CAN SIT FOR THE DC BAR .This very clear .Schools like Novus or any of the Calif non ABA  schools all fit the same mold.Pass rates are all very very low for the BABY BAR and the BAR .Why spend thousands for some thing that most likely will not happen. The student needs to really spend 8 to 10 hours a day studing i rather spend $1500 and take my chances.There is no such thing as a quality non ABA phony Law School .Ron A BBA--   MBA 

oceanblue57

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 11:46:37 PM »
Another point all these schools let every one in .If you are breathing you are accepted[ 2 year degree[.At least MASL is straight forward.Pick on all the  non ABA schools. Novus is off shore from what i herd.MASL IS LOCATED IN N/C,,AT LEAST THEY ARE NOT A MONEY MAKING HIGH PROFIT .So CALLED SCHOOL..Ron A BBA-MBA 

passaroa25

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 03:01:02 PM »
I no longer attend this school because I don't have the 100.00  per module to pay.  Since most students really need to study for two years to pass the FYLSE the first time (because they are studying while holding down full time jobs and raising a family), I think that completing Mid Atlantic's requirements will give an online law school student an edge.  Yes, you can study the Gilberts outlines on your own.  But, how many people would take a Gilberts outline on Torts (for example) to bed with them at night unless they were enrolled in some kind of program?  Enrolling in an online law school after really studying 15 Gilberts volumes would give anyone an advantage.   Also, Mid Atlantic requires a final project.  A final project could include writing a treatise on an area of law.  That treatise would make any state bar official think, "Let me take another look at this graduate from Mid Atlantic.  Let's face it.  Any online law school graduate  has an up hill battle.    Why pay more than 1500  for the privilege?  If you are going to attend anything other than an ABA brick and mortar law school,  you need to realize that you need to be ten times more competitive than the typical law school graduate.
Angie

oceanblue57

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 06:55:05 PM »
Angie i agree 100% did you attend MASL? i just put my application in/.How hard is the work to pass the course? . Some one said they really let you work at your own pace .I am excited but really do not no what to expect..Ron A BBA -MBA

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 10:11:50 PM »
I am not sure why you have so much anger for MASL did you start there and get dismissed.Rule 46 clearly states graduate  from a non ABA  school.  Take 26 credits from a ABA  school AND YOU CAN SIT FOR THE DC BAR .This very clear .Schools like Novus or any of the Calif non ABA  schools all fit the same mold.Pass rates are all very very low for the BABY BAR and the BAR .Why spend thousands for some thing that most likely will not happen. The student needs to really spend 8 to 10 hours a day studing i rather spend $1500 and take my chances.There is no such thing as a quality non ABA phony Law School .Ron A BBA--   MBA

I repeat, NOVUS and MASL are not actually "Law Schools" because they are recognized by no one as degree granting institutions and their degrees do not qualify one to take a bar exam.  Can you produce an example of even one individual who qualified to take a bar anywhere in the US with a NOVUS or MASL degree? If not, do you aim to be the first? Do you think the DC Bar Examiners are so stupid that they will not check out these school's websites? 

On accreditation MASL skirts the issue and NOVUS give us this gem:

"Novus University is a Registered and Charted Private International Postsecondary Law School. Novus University Grants and Certifies Law Degrees under Corporate Educational Charter and the authority of the Novus University Board of Directors to graduates who meet School School of Law Graduate Requirements."

LOL! They are offshore diploma mills.  Reading their websites causes one to lose at least 20 IQ points.

"Sum ergo cogito; cogito ergo dubito"

jonlevy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2012, 10:16:46 PM »
Why pay more than 1500  for the privilege?  If you are going to attend anything other than an ABA brick and mortar law school,  you need to realize that you need to be ten times more competitive than the typical law school graduate.

Assuming you drank the MASL kool aid and really believe DC would let you take the bar, how would you finance the 26 in person credits at Touro or anywhere else that cost 40K?  That's straight cash since I don't think Uncle Sam lends money for non degree programs.

oceanblue57

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 11:12:56 PM »
You really think  thr DC Bar reads these boards thats a joke.Again read the DC RULE 46 i can not keep repeating it.I AM PUTTING IT OUT THERE IF ANY ONE FROM ANY OF THESE 2 SCHOOLS HAVE TAKEN ANY BAR PLEASE POST IT..I think they are out there.Do you think you can take any STUDENT LOAN FOR ANY non ABA SCHOOL/? I THINK NOT .YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING A LOAN GOING to TOURO AN ABA approved Top Law school then any of these low level schools including Concord or any other high priced Non ABA school..I AM NOT SAYING MASL is great for every one but if you really want to learn the Law and put the time in and do not have alot to spend it is not a bad choice..Amen..