Law School Discussion

Mid-Atlantic School of Law

vanceap3

• Currently Law Student at Northumbria in UK
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mid-Atlantic School of Law
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2014, 04:00:27 PM »
If you don't like to speak disrespectfully of the deceased, then don't!

barprephero

« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2014, 06:27:45 PM »
If you don't like to speak disrespectfully of the deceased, then don't!
Its ok to speak reality, his post was pretty respectful all things considered.
Reality doesn't stop being reality once you die.

barprephero

« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2014, 06:31:03 PM »
How do you know if there are any lawyers on there staff.Who reviews there work.?WHY IS CALIF the standard for non ABA SCHOOLS ? i THINK WITH ALL THE CALIF schools and the amount of students who get all the way to passing the REAL BAR the #s are not good.I think   WITH OUT GOING TO A ABA approved school your chances of be coming a lawyer in any state is very low..
their (multiple times)
an
without is one word
not sure if I've even since CALIF as an abbreviation
I not I

not sure how to deal with that

barprephero

« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2014, 06:32:56 PM »
All that sounds good but really means nothing .I think a MBA or PHD from University of Phoenix or AIU   well known on line schools, WOULD   BE MONEY BETTER SPENT..

You are only kidding, right??
How so, seems spot on to me.
Even more so when you factor in Regional Accrediting vs non accredited at all

barprephero

« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2014, 06:33:49 PM »
Some of the California distance learning and correspondence law degrees are recognized by other academic instutions - Taft, California Southern, Southwestern, and Henley-Putnam are accredited by DETC.
Even if one does not pass the bar - the degree has some recognition as opposed to ones that don't or like MA$L never will.
DETC is national, most don't respect that. If you want to aim for that, go to Concord at least they are Regional (the only one that is I think)

barprephero

« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2014, 06:35:33 PM »
The Director of MASL is Dr Paschal Baxter he has a linked in account.I also think he is graduate of a Calif law school.Novus is very expensive and in my opinion may not be worth it.Using your figures of a passing rate of 20% after passing the baby BAR which also has a very low passing rate does not bide well for the non ABA route to becoming a lawyer .
Novus is dirt cheap, and also NOT ABLE TO SIT THE BAR. So the stats you gave are straight up lies. If anyone sits the bar with Novus they qualified WITHOUT it anyways.

Now I have to ask, does anyone have a link to this "school" that is compared to the illegal fake school with fake stats?
Sorry to multiple post on this, but this is just sad

« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2014, 06:19:07 AM »
The Director of MASL is Dr Paschal Baxter he has a linked in account.I also think he is graduate of a Calif law school.Novus is very expensive and in my opinion may not be worth it.Using your figures of a passing rate of 20% after passing the baby BAR which also has a very low passing rate does not bide well for the non ABA route to becoming a lawyer .
Novus is dirt cheap, and also NOT ABLE TO SIT THE BAR. So the stats you gave are straight up lies. If anyone sits the bar with Novus they qualified WITHOUT it anyways.

Now I have to ask, does anyone have a link to this "school" that is compared to the illegal fake school with fake stats?
Sorry to multiple post on this, but this is just sad

I am really curious how these so called law schools can operate at all.  Apparently anyone, even a non lawyer, can set up a law school and make claims with impunity?  I thought education was a regulated field, especially law. 

« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2014, 10:28:12 AM »
I agree.

It seems like the only gatekeeper activity is the granting or denial of accreditation. But if you don't care about accreditation anyway, so what?

Presumably, you could start a correspondence "law school" in your garage even though you're not a lawyer, never get a single student to pass any state bar exam, and continue to operate with no oversight. Amazing.

Germany has limited the use of terms such as "university" to combat scam diplomas. We could do the same, as the use of terms like "law school" is highly misleading in some circumstances. This seems like a basic consumer fraud issue, but I guess there just isn't any interest in enforcing it.   

« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2014, 10:45:14 AM »
However there are rules about making false claims:

"The Novus Juris Doctor - JD program allows the opportunity for bar admission through attorney supervised study and DC bar admission or through Specialized Administrative & National Courts, Agencies & Tribunals."

Attorney Supervised Study would have nothing to do with Novus, these plans operate independently under their own rules.

DC Bar Admission - does have a clause that non  ABA law school grads can qualify to take the bar qualify with an additional 26 hours ABA study BUT since Novus is not registered as a law school with any state, it is not a law school just because it chooses to call itself one.  In my opinion this is a false statement unless Novus can point to a single graduate who qualified to take the DC bar.

Specialized Administrative & National Courts, Agencies & Tribunals - WOTF is a National Court or Tribunal?  Administrative agencies do not confer attorney licenses.  One cannot become a member of a USDC without passing the bar - so what is this balderdash?

barprephero

« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2014, 12:58:40 PM »
CA is pretty notorious for allowing non accredited schools. They used to have agencies on the state level to approved them, BOTH got shut down, so now I think they only have the BBB handle it. So basically a hot dog vender has the same requirements as a "school" in CA anymore