Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FAMU or Cooley?  (Read 566 times)

politicolaw

• View Profile
FAMU or Cooley?
« on: January 13, 2011, 04:20:04 PM »
I'm already accepted at Cooley on 1/4 scholarship, im considering applying to the local public law school for me - FAMU in orlando. I'm a Florida resident so its really cheap.. one of the cheapest in the ABA. I was accepted to cooley last year and deferred, I was wondering if I apply to other schools such as FAMU if Cooley admissions would find out? And, would be acceptance at Cooley be effected by applying to other places this year? 

Also curious about opinions on quality comparisons of the two schools. I know both are 4th tier, but at least they are cheap 4th tier. Thanks!

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: FAMU or Cooley?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 05:40:11 PM »
I was accepted to cooley last year and deferred, I was wondering if I apply to other schools such as FAMU if Cooley admissions would find out?

I seriously doubt they would, and even if they do, that might benefit you (more competition for them).  I wouldn't worry about this too much.  1/4 scholarship to Cooley isn't that great - you're probably better off with in-state tuition at FAMU.

politicolaw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 05:51:16 PM »
it ends up being about the same tuition.. id go really part time at cooley  or pt at famu.. its like a 2k/year difference.  The main difference I see is that cooley is bigger, and famu would have me stuck in FL/GA for awhile. 

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 06:28:48 PM »
There is no penalty to applying to other schools. If the school accepts you and you don't commit a felony after that they will be more than happy to have you pay them money. As the student you are the one paying the professors, deans, admissions officers etc. Students seem to forget that and always remember they are working for you. You can apply to as many schools as you want and you can even use admissions from other schools to negotiate scholarship money.

politicolaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 07:59:45 PM »
Awesome  ;D