Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UBalt to Maryland  (Read 964 times)

Marburygotscrewed

• View Profile
UBalt to Maryland
« on: January 11, 2011, 10:37:52 PM »
Hey everyone,
Hopefully someone can give me some advice. Apparently this is somewhat of a touchy subject, since talking to people at school about it has been the equivalent of wearing a Ravens jersey in Pittsburgh this upcoming weekend.
I recently got my first semester grades at the University of Baltimore. Thankfully, I did fairly well compared to most of the people I've talked to. I've heard that some people transfer over to Maryland, and if I do well next semester, I was thinking of applying.
•Has anyone on this board transferred between UBalt and Maryland, or heard of anyone who has?
•What kind of GPA/class rank would I need to pull it off? I've heard that UB's curve is pretty low curve compared to other schools (undoubtedly to keep people from transferring)
•I've heard that professors are hesitant to write recommendations for people transferring across town--What is the best way to make sure this doesn't screw me over if I don't get accepted?
Thanks,

scoop333

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: UBalt to Maryland
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 12:53:47 PM »
I do not know the specifics about chances of transferring from UBalt to Maryland but if you are looking for a complete overview of the transfer process, I would check out the book The Art of the Law School Transfer.  It lays out the whole picture of the transfer process.  Good Luck!!