Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Quick MPRE Question  (Read 484 times)

aglittman

• View Profile
    • Email
Quick MPRE Question
« on: January 10, 2011, 02:56:53 AM »
Hi everyone:

For those who have already taken the MPRE, is there a lot of time pressure?

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Quick MPRE Question
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 08:08:54 AM »
Not really.  You cannot drag your feet obviously, but it is not like the LSAT where it is a race against the clock.  Also, it's not that difficult.  Several of us finished at least 15-20 minutes early.  The dest is not really designed to make you fail, just to think and apply the concepts.

kurtybear

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 07:48:37 PM »
I had a good 25 minutes left over to check answers I was unsure about.  And there were not many of those.  Its a pretty easy exam.
Esq. in California

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 04:45:33 PM »
No, there's way more time than I could could possibly spend filling in the bubbles (and I'm not the fastest test taker in the world - I didn't quite finish one section on the lsat).  I think I triple-checked my work and still finished in an hour or so (you get about 2 hrs iirc).  I was no where near the first to finish.  My sample isn't normal though as I took the test at my school and due to school admission requirements most of us taking the test were pretty good testakers (there were folks not from my school there, but the % was heavily skewed).  Its also stupidly easy.  I studied for ~ 4 hours and scored 75% higher than necessary.  IIRC you pass if you know 25% of the answers and guess on the rest (double check the math, its been a while since I worked this out).
HLS 2010

aglittman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 10:29:18 AM »
Thanks for the feedback everyone!