Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chances of transferring out of T80-90 school  (Read 939 times)

frskyreader13

• View Profile
Chances of transferring out of T80-90 school
« on: January 06, 2011, 07:58:28 PM »
Hi All,

I'm a 1L thinking about transferring out of my local T80-90 school to Fordham or better in the Tri-state area. I got a 3.62 this fall semester. I thought I studied a lot for the last 2 weeks, but with a little more consistent studying, I'm hoping I do better in the spring. What's my chances of transferring? Thanks!   

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Chances of transferring out of T80-90 school
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 09:00:54 AM »
Hi All,

I'm a 1L thinking about transferring out of my local T80-90 school to Fordham or better in the Tri-state area. I got a 3.62 this fall semester. I thought I studied a lot for the last 2 weeks, but with a little more consistent studying, I'm hoping I do better in the spring. What's my chances of transferring? Thanks!

A jump from 85 to 34 isn't going to matter much.  However, if your current school is not in the Tri-state area and you want to practice in the Tri-state area, the transfer does matter.  Assuming that your current school is in the Tri-state area, I would instead try to leverage that GPA into a full scholarship with your current school.  If you graduate at the top of your class at your current school (Top 5%) and, assuming you're already in the Tri-state area, you will be competitive with the top 25% of Fordham for jobs (with significantly less debt).