Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Deciding Whether to Try Again  (Read 452 times)

npro1464

• View Profile
Deciding Whether to Try Again
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:43:44 AM »
I took the LSATs twice last year, bombing my first time (148) and getting a marginal score the second time (154).  I didn't make any of my preferred schools (Drexel, Rutgers, or Seton Hall) and after being burnt out I gave up.  I still feel a passion for going to law school, and I was wondering if posters here would think it would be a good idea to try again.  I know the schools can see my previous scores, and being that my gpa isn't competitive (3.2 adjusted) what would be the chances on pulling my score up enough to be considered for my schools?  I took a long Kaplan course the first time around which helped pull me from a 146 to 154 (158 being the highest score).  If I take Powerscore or Testmaster, would I be able to see another improvement?  Is it worth another grand and the time spent studying to try again, with my previous history?  Thanks.

LSAT Freedom

• LSAT Prep Course Taught by Harvard Law Grads
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Freedom
    • Email
Re: Deciding Whether to Try Again
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 11:54:34 PM »
It's not beyond all hope to try again.  If you put in the work and studied the right way, you can, indeed, significantly improve your score.  It's all about understanding the logical principles the LSAT tests.  I wouldn't recommend another grand, however.  There are a lot of other options out there for LSAT prep.

If you do choose to take the exam again, focus on a straightforward method for understanding the questions.  Forget about gimmicks and any other "short cuts" anyone has ever taught you.  Understand the logic.  If you understand the underlying logical principles, you will do much better.