Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law preview  (Read 2358 times)

smartandunique

• View Profile
    • Email
Law preview
« on: December 28, 2010, 12:43:20 PM »
Is Law Preview worth it?Please share past expierence or opinions.Thx

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Law preview
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 12:51:58 PM »
Do you mean lawreview?

smartandunique

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 01:53:44 PM »
no Law preview..from the website..Since 1998, Law Preview has taught thousands of law students what to expect and how to truly excel in law school. During our week-long, intensive summer prep courses, our distinguished faculty of law school professors provide substantive overviews for each core first-year course. In addition, we teach you how to brief cases, outline for each class, study effectively and manage your time -- all proven academic strategies that are critical to earning great grades during your first year of law school. Perhaps most importantly, you will learn our unique exam-taking methods and practice them on real law school exams. Spend a week with us this summer and prepare to conquer law school. Make sure your investment in a legal education pays off.

It sounds good but it's a little pricey. I don't know anyone who has attended the camp and I don't want to base my decision on the testimonials on the website.

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 03:16:02 PM »
It might be ok, in the way that creatine can help make you look tuff but still unable to pop a pimple.

I wouldn't waste money on it unless you have an excessive amount in an account that you would otherwise spend on junk(like creatine) then yeah it can't hurt. Just don't spend meat money on it is all.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 04:36:34 PM »
I took law preview with an instructor discount.  It was worth it for what I paid, and it was helpful information, but I doubt I would pay sticker.

michellejs23

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 07:11:49 PM »
I don't know about Law Preview but I had a great experience with Stratus Prep's Law School Bootcamp. The teacher Shawn went to Harvard Law School so he really knows his stuff and I felt like I was so much better prepared than everyone else in my classes during 1L. It's just nice having some idea what the profs are talking about, being familiar with the case studies already, knowing how to outline the right way, etc. And law school is so competitive because of the forced curve so being a step ahead of all your classmates is actually really helpful!

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 08:47:08 PM »
This is kind of out there, but something I think is the most beneficial thing you can do prior to attending law school is learning how to type at a tremendously fast rate. It is not some academic preparation, but I can type 120 wpm and I have gotten the best essay in 4 of my classes now and I really think it is has to do with me never running out of time. You obviously need to know the law, but the typing ability gives me a tremendous edge over other students.

I honestly think the most beneficial thing you can focus on prior to entering law school is improving your typing speed. I didn't expect it to be such an advantage, but it has helped me out tremendously. Random though that might be worth considering.

I know absolutley nothing about Law Preview so I can't say either way, but learning typing might be more cost effective and actually effective for performing well in law school than anything else you do.

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 09:51:22 PM »
stupid question and I should be asking people at the school I will be attending, but you get to type your exams?  Or you hand-write them in bluebooks?

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 10:22:39 PM »
You have the option at my school and I am pretty sure the vast majority of schools do as well. You either use examsoft or a bluebook, but if you can type fast using examsoft is a HUGE ADVANTAGE

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 10:37:50 PM »
do they give you the choice, or is it whatever the teacher decides for a particular exam?

I type about 100 wpm.