Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: chances at Howard Law  (Read 3822 times)

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: chances at Howard Law
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 02:56:03 AM »
I don't know if anyone told the op about lawschoolnumbers.com. There really is no more accurate site regarding admission chances to every aba school.

toddyky18

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2010, 09:16:28 PM »
I checked it out, good looking. The wait is agony! I just need an acceptance letter and all will be great

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 11:40:25 PM »
Good luck with your legal journey.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

thenupes

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 01:28:14 AM »
AA male, 2.9 and 147. Strong LOR's, essays and nice amount of significant work experience. Do I have a chance at getting into any school lol? Howard is the top choice... Thanks!

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 02:21:06 AM »
Check out lawschoolnumbers.com best site out there. Last year it looks a URM with a 149 and 3.34 was wait listed and ended up attending somewhere else, but they were on the radar. http://howard.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats/0910/  That is the link for the 2009-2010 applicants. I would say you have a shot, but not a great one at Howard. Well good luck!

louiebstef

• Sr. Citizen
  • 45 y/o Non-Trad-2012 cycle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 05:05:19 PM »
I have a quite serious question that SOUNDS tongue in cheek:

Is there any way that a non-URM could be considered a diversity candidate at an HBCU like Howard?  My numbers should exceed the
75% marks, and was wondering if reversing the trend (non-URM--->HBCU) might win scholly $$.  I also retired from the military, so have that
ticket punched as well.

I would like hearing something from anyone, especially the Mods who might have some serious info.

I am all about not incurring much debt for that Bar Exam ticket....
"Why be a lawyer? I'm already an ass.  Might as well go professional!"

msteedubya

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 03:49:34 PM »
Slim to none. Retake untill you get a 160 and retake a bunch of crazy easy undergrad classes(whatever ones that even stoners take and ace nowdays)
to raise the GPA. Then you should be ok. Nothing wrong with looking at the other hundreds of options either too though.

Why slim to none? My friend got into Howard Law with a 3.3 and a 148 and 149 on the LSAT. To boot, he won a scholarship as well.
Non-Traditional student applying to Law School...