Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: chances at Howard Law  (Read 3828 times)

toddyky18

• View Profile
    • Email
chances at Howard Law
« on: December 27, 2010, 08:52:03 PM »
Could anybody answer, what are my possible chances of getting into Howard Law with a 152 LSAT and a 3.3 gpa?

MAJ. Lee, Awsome.

• View Profile
Re: chances at Howard Law
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 09:18:41 PM »
Slim to none. Retake untill you get a 160 and retake a bunch of crazy easy undergrad classes(whatever ones that even stoners take and ace nowdays)
to raise the GPA. Then you should be ok. Nothing wrong with looking at the other hundreds of options either too though.

toddyky18

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 02:05:38 AM »
Whats makes you say slim to none? The you mentioned a 160 to get into Howard!!

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 10:58:44 AM »
Dang kid, I know lawyers don't need to know math, but please tell me you know the difference between two numbers.
160-x=not 160.

Plus its a ceiling not a floor. If you show up with that you MIGHT get in (still slim to none in all reality) but be going up against an entire nation of people who believe the earth will open up and swallow their very souls if they don't gain admission, and they will be legacies who's daddies and grandaddies went there.  (If you are Ted Kennedy you can lie, cheat, get a 2.0 and be aces) but otherwise you will be up against those shoeins(who you can never beat, get over it) and the regualr joes and janes who all have 170-180 and a solid 4.0(since they all cheated and attended schools with extended GPA scales).

There you go.

toddyky18

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 01:19:17 PM »
Son, I don't think you'll know what you are talking about. I'm asking about Howard not Harvard. You talking about 170-180, what? I'm over the 25% in both gpa and LSAT at Howard, when the hell does mean slim to none? Or you two even in school?

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 01:24:41 PM »
Although Howard offers a wide array of career options to many of its graduates, gaining admission to the school does not require numbers far greater than those required by its third-tier peers. Their median LSAT score and GPA for matriculants in 2009 was 153/3.20

Pulled from a profile of them.  Ignore the trolls

toddyky18

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 02:20:08 PM »
I appreciate that, hearing from somebody with some real knowledge. With my numbers being right around both of those numbers and have 7yrs work experience in the military, I'm keep my hopes high. Thanks again.

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 03:13:38 PM »
First, you can join the military with a 31 on the asvab(dont have to be a genius there bro) and a D-average in adult ed.
Military is awsome, but not proof in and of itself of ability to do beyond your MOS. Been there, done that, boohoo.

Second, you act like the top quarter is bragging rights. You realise how huge of a chunk that is right? You get into top single digits then brag. Untill then, its nothing to act smug about.

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 03:19:51 PM »
So a 2L has less knowledge than a 0L. All you've proven is that you will listen to a jobless guy that says what you want to hear about your resume over someone who's employed. Enjoy the hamsandwiches bro, I hear they're worth the hour long line in the cold to get to them.

I appreciate that, hearing from somebody with some real knowledge. With my numbers being right around both of those numbers and have 7yrs work experience in the military, I'm keep my hopes high. Thanks again.

toddyky18

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 03:46:41 PM »
Interrex you must be bored or something. I was asking about my chances at Howard, what the hell are you talking about? It doesn't matter that you are a 2L, obviously that doesn't make you have knowledge about chances at Howard. I'm not trying to entertain your ignorance, so let me try to get some real info and you go about your business if any that you have.