Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2.7 undergrad GPA 3.4 MS and 3.7 PhD LSAT 142  (Read 6304 times)

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 2.7 undergrad GPA 3.4 MS and 3.7 PhD LSAT 142
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 02:02:31 PM »
Whats wrong with the word "niggardly?"  It's nowhere near the dreaded "N word" in meaning or application - just looks that way.

... and uses words like niggardly(blows your mind but its considered ok apparently)

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 04:33:27 PM »
Then every IP coursebook in every JD program in the nation lies, or you misunderstand, which do you find more plausable?

The most plausible explanation is that you have poor reading comprehension.

Bravo Tossy.  Some people are just ignorant.  You hit it right on.  People with bad grammar, (you know who you are) usually cannot comprehend

rbutcher2178

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2010, 08:41:08 AM »
Excellent advice Tossy. Application is in as a patent examiner. I actually work for the Government now, I am a GS-9. I noticed there was a job with the USPTO as a GS-15 after only 5 years experience, which is the top of the GS pay scale - amazing.

I was reluctant to move to DC, although now it seems like the smartest choice.

I noticed there a plethora of law schools to pick from in the DC area, any you suggest? I am retaking the LSAT in Feb. Lets assume I have a 160 LSAT and 2.7 Undergrad GPA with a PhD. I'm not really concerned about which law school I go to, as long as it is ABA accredited.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2010, 09:18:40 AM »
Excellent advice Tossy. Application is in as a patent examiner. I actually work for the Government now, I am a GS-9. I noticed there was a job with the USPTO as a GS-15 after only 5 years experience, which is the top of the GS pay scale - amazing.

I was reluctant to move to DC, although now it seems like the smartest choice.

I noticed there a plethora of law schools to pick from in the DC area, any you suggest? I am retaking the LSAT in Feb. Lets assume I have a 160 LSAT and 2.7 Undergrad GPA with a PhD. I'm not really concerned about which law school I go to, as long as it is ABA accredited.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Spend a great deal of time studying for the LSAT and go to George Washington.  It's one of the best schools for IP.

MAJ. Lee, Awsome.

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2010, 10:35:55 AM »
I'm pretty sure if you use the word niggardly in from jesse jackson or al sharpton, it'll be the only thing on the news for a month.

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2010, 11:40:55 PM »
Yes, but why?  simply b/c it "sounds" like the dreaded "n-word?"  Ignorance does not make something right.

I'm pretty sure if you use the word niggardly in from jesse jackson or al sharpton, it'll be the only thing on the news for a month.

MAJ. Lee, Awsome.

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2010, 12:09:31 PM »
Majors have stepped down from public office after public outcry for using it, so factor that in.
Basicly, write those two men with that word and your name and lawschool and see how it spells out.

People lose their mind over "those people" too after all. (and that makes even less real sense dosn't it)

Yes, but why?  simply b/c it "sounds" like the dreaded "n-word?"  Ignorance does not make something right.

louiebstef

• Sr. Citizen
  • 45 y/o Non-Trad-2012 cycle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2010, 02:30:22 PM »
That simply shows both how poor the public's vocabulary is (Maury:  "You ARE the father!), and what politically correct mutants most have become.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
nig·gard·ly
   /ˈnɪgərdli/ Show Spelled[nig-erd-lee] Show IPA
–adjective
reluctant to give or spend; stingy; miserly.
meanly or ungenerously small or scanty: a niggardly tip to a waiter.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I cannot believe you would threaten Hamilton with a PC attack.  Weak.  Very weak.  Please don't cry racism when none
exists in the situation.  We have enough turmoil in this world.

By the way, if anything, he may have been BAITING for a knee-jerk PC reaction.  Did you ever think of that?
"Why be a lawyer? I'm already an ass.  Might as well go professional!"

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2010, 12:02:40 AM »
Again... WHY?  Simply because it SOUNDS like the dreaded N-word and people have such a poor grasp on vocabulary?  That is pretty sad now isn't it?

Majors have stepped down from public office after public outcry for using it, so factor that in.
Basicly, write those two men with that word and your name and lawschool and see how it spells out.

MAJ. Lee, Awsome.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2010, 05:01:17 PM »
So you are probally ok with words like "renigging" "Indian-giver" and
"jimmyrigged"(spin off of "n-word-rigged" with reference to the now infamous jimcrow laws)