Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How selective are LLM programs for US students?  (Read 2577 times)

mccapj2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
How selective are LLM programs for US students?
« on: December 20, 2010, 09:35:20 AM »
I graduated from T14 in 2009 in the bottom half. Was a never ofthe tax review and took a bunch of tax based classes. I'm applying to nyu and Georgetown. Any idea how tough these are?

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How selective are LLM programs for US students?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 10:31:12 AM »
Depends on the college, same as JD. With less applying do to the economy LLM's probally have a lot of open spots.

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 09:48:49 PM »
So those who can't do, keep not doing....interesting..... ???

Then again I'm not an LLM just a 2L, so what I posted was based on my hearing 3L's saying their opinions on if they'd ever do it or not. I have a 0L on this forum trying to pretend they know more than someone halfway through their JD,(dumbashell) so I'll learn from their stupidity and not try to claim the same god like knowledge of LLM's,

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 12:34:47 AM »
Yeah but the JD is to get a license, there is a difference.

It's hard to believe that anyone would pick lawschool because they had no other option in life. If you want to live off student loans, why not just get an MBA and stay drunk and masterbait all day like B-school dumbs are good at?

Free123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 12:56:18 AM »
Yeah but the JD is to get a license, there is a difference.

It's hard to believe that anyone would pick lawschool because they had no other option in life. If you want to live off student loans, why not just get an MBA and stay drunk and masterbait all day like B-school dumbs are good at?

"Masterbait" = putting more than one worm on your hook

mccapj2

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 09:32:41 AM »
I've applied to nyu and Georgetown. I'm hesitant about adding to student loans unless it is at a top program.

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 10:46:52 AM »
If someone just wants to defer student loans(even get some more money if needed for rent too) without going into much debt while still getting to put LLM next to their name on their resumes and cards, they should know that Kaplan-Concord is now regionally accredited. Most online lawschools are only national or state, but regional gets the same treatment with loans as you would at harvard.

People can cry that its given by a school who's JD is only reconised by one state, but its a friggin' LLM.