Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Are Witkin awards only in California?  (Read 1779 times)

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Are Witkin awards only in California?
« on: December 16, 2010, 02:37:47 PM »
I was wondering if other schools gave out the Witkin award for the highest grade in the class or called it something else. I wikipedied it, but I got the impression that it is only a California award. I just wanted to know if the award for the highest grade was a Witkin at East Coast schools or if it was named something else.

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Are Witkin awards only in California?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 08:48:00 AM »
I was wondering if other schools gave out the Witkin award for the highest grade in the class or called it something else. I wikipedied it, but I got the impression that it is only a California award. I just wanted to know if the award for the highest grade was a Witkin at East Coast schools or if it was named something else.

We called them CALI awards.  http://www2.cali.org/index.php?fuseaction=excellenceawards.home

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 12:45:26 PM »
We have Cali awards also, but those are second place at my school at least. Witkin is first place, but I take it at your school there was no Witkin award.

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 03:29:08 PM »
We have Cali awards also, but those are second place at my school at least. Witkin is first place, but I take it at your school there was no Witkin award.

No witkin awards at my school.  CALI was first place.  A CALI award was also called a "book award."