Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LAW SCHOOL RESUME'  (Read 591 times)

MsLaydeeJustice

• View Profile
LAW SCHOOL RESUME'
« on: December 15, 2010, 10:48:49 PM »
What is the best way to construct a resume' for law school?

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LAW SCHOOL RESUME'
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 08:43:46 PM »
I structured my resume like a typical resume, but ran it to 2 pages

michellejs23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 09:16:54 AM »
I think it's most important to just keep it simple and don't use any script fonts or colors to make it look fancy. Put the most relevant experience at the top. I actually got some pretty good resume tips by following the company Stratus Prep on Twitter (@StratusPrep). They do law school admissions tips every day.

SaraJean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 10:02:27 AM »
I used law school faculty curriculum vitae (vitaes?) as a pattern for mine.  So, in addition to work and education, I included a section with articles and book reviews I'd had published and presentations I'd given at professional conferences.

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 11:21:33 AM »
Honestly, just don't overthink it. They mostly just care about your GPA and LSAT score. Have you ever heard a Prof tell you "You already have an A dont talk yourself down to a B?" Well, its like that. If you have the GPA and LSAT that they want, the resume is just to confirm you are not a serial killer in training. Now, if you actually do have badstuff you have to explain(academic probation, previous job as formentioned serial killer,etc) then yeah you will need to sugar coat it, but even then they can smell BS from a mile away so just be honest and don't lie.

You should be ok.