Pre - pre - law (lawyer bound high schoolers) > Pre-Law in high school

University of Miami's Pre-law program?

(1/2) > >>

jgraha17:
Is the pre-law program at the University of Miami worth going to the school?

marcus-aurelius:
As someone who is not yet in law school, but has done my research, asked questions, etc, here is what I can tell you:

Undergrad will not prepare you for law school.  Law school is different from undergrad.  While in undergrad, keep your GPA as high as possible.  SO major in something you will enjoy and do well in.  That is half the equation.  The other half is your LSAT.

By prepping correctly for the LSAT, you can increase your score as high as your mind can take you.  Some will say that hard science majors tend to do better on the LSAT.  That is true, but I believe it occurs because of self-selection.  You don't have many slakcers majoring in chemistry.  So take a major you enjoy, get a 3.9, and then worry about the LSAT

jgraha17:
Thank you for that information. Are you aware of the quality of a pre-law program at U/Miami?

marcus-aurelius:
That I do not know.  But historically, pre-law does not fair well on the LSAT

http://www.phil.ufl.edu/ugrad/whatis/LSATtable.html

Thane Messinger:

--- Quote from: jgraha17 on December 15, 2010, 09:10:24 PM ---Is the pre-law program at the University of Miami worth going to the school?

--- End quote ---

The author of Law School Fast Track, Derrick Hibbard, is from UM.  I'll send him a note and perhaps he can respond.

Thane.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version