Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOR Questions  (Read 1243 times)

cindy66

• View Profile
LOR Questions
« on: December 15, 2010, 09:25:12 AM »
Two questions:

1. Should I request LOR's from my boss and coworker before I get my December 2010 LSAT results?

2. Since I'm applying to four schools can I send the same LORs to all four schools?

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LOR Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 09:34:45 AM »
1.  Request them now and get them sent in ASAP.  It may take your letter writers a few weeks to get them done.  Then LSAC has to process them.

2. You can send the same LOR to every school.  I had two for every school I applied to as well 2 for specific schools

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 12:51:37 PM »
LSAC keeps them all on record for you. Some lawschools want an extra copy sent to them as well, but most want it straight from your LSDAS file. If you don't have one yet, contact LSAC to create one. They can store 4 LOR's for you and let you pick which ones to send to which school.

As for LOR's you "can" use a boss, but I'd only do it if in a legal career field or if you didnt have any better options. Teachers are always a good choice, especially in any prelaw courses if you took any(although prelaw dosnt help prep for lawschool in reality, it does look good for LOR's)
Also, you need an offical sheet from LSAC or they won't accept it, so get that. Then have the recommender send their letter to you and you send it in to LSAC. You could have them send it directly, but that way you can see what  they wrote in case you want them to make changes to it first.

SaraJean

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 10:00:46 AM »
The only thing I'd add to the good advice you got from the PPs is that when requesting the LORs, make sure you let the recommendation writers know that their LORs will go to multiple schools.  Otherwise, they might mention a specific school.