Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Score improvements after Kaplan prep course  (Read 618 times)

Ndominy

• View Profile
    • Email
Score improvements after Kaplan prep course
« on: December 13, 2010, 01:55:37 PM »
Hello all,
I recently enrolled in the Kaplan LSAT prep course at my university. I have completed the first "diagnostic test" session and received a score of 166. I was wondering if anyone could offer some input on foreseeable improvement after my completion of the rest of the course. My proctor for the test confided in me that his score improved 10 points from the diagnostic to the official. I was wondering if anyone else had a comparable experience? I obviously realize that each individual's experience will vary based on their specific weaknesses and the effort put forth to improve, but I was interested in some additional input.  My score suffered mostly from a specific hybrid LG problem in which I failed to recognize a key deduction and therefore missed 4 of the 7 questions from that set.  What kind of improvements can a student in the Kaplan course generally expect to see?

Thanks in advance for any input.

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Score improvements after Kaplan prep course
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 02:01:43 PM »
Kaplan boosted my score by 20 points (to a 173) on my official test, and as high as 179 on practice tests.  You truly get out what you put in

Specks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 12:26:53 PM »
I'd check out Powerscore's LG bible. Kaplan was awesome for everything else (I ended up missing only 2-3 overall in LR and 1-2 in RC) but for some reason their LG strategy never clicked. Powerscore's did. Not plugging the company or anything, just saying it worked. I think a lot has to do with the fact that LG bible has games,games, and nothing but games. Helped me focus. Kaplan's Mastering book, IMO, had too few to practice with. Of course, you may also be able to accomplish the same thing by flipping through the Kaplan book and doing all the games. Up to you.

Hope this helps.

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 10:42:01 AM »
Mine went up 10pts as well.
HLS 2010

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 11:23:56 AM »
Bikepilot,

I am curious to what part you struggled on during your diagnostic.  My LG section did me in.  It was the final section, on which I answered 4 questions right out of 24 (that is bad haha).  I don't know if it was my mental endurance or just the games themselves but struggle I did on them.

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 10:46:19 AM »
I don't really remember specifically, though I think I did the worst in the games.
HLS 2010