Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Good/Bad Experiences with Barbri  (Read 3128 times)

MikePing

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Information
    • Email
Re: Good/Bad Experiences with Barbri
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 12:56:52 PM »
I dont think they will make a "wrong" answer correct based on the response. 

Typically the grading on these essays is done with an answer key that gives a certain amount of points for each point on the key.  I think that if most people  answer in a way that is correct, but not what the examiners initially expected, the key would change and the majority answer is going to score sufficiently. 

More to the point, though, Barbri is going to give you certain buzz words to use.   They may not necessarily be the words that I would choose, but using them will put you with the pack and will usually track that answer key.  That's what I meant by saying that I would rather be with the group than right. 

Specks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 11:44:50 PM »
I'm doing barbri right now and a lot of the stuff they're making  me do seems like a waste of time. What would you guys have done differently other than skipping lecture? Also, how much time did you guys devote to each aspect of the study?

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 01:10:12 AM »
I have the same questions as Specks.
I'm just a little bit of courage away from quitting on all of the lectures.  I think I'll make flash cards and memorize all of the elements and just do practice problems.  (Flash cards work particularly well for me)
If anybody thinks that's a stupid idea, I'd love to hear it now.