Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best prep-course company?  (Read 2144 times)

cvargas84

• View Profile
Re: Best prep-course company?
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 01:10:04 PM »
thanks for your replies. I think I need the most help with logic games. I just put an ad on Craigslist trying to find a tutor, maybe that will be a better option.

Specks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 05:36:41 PM »
If you're looking for a tutor, make sure you ask what their LSAT score was, what their strengths in teaching are, and what company's test strategies they're familiar with. I know there are a bunch more pertinent questions, but those are all I can think of right now. If anybody else has any, please add. :) And good luck!

cvargas84

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 08:18:08 PM »
Yes, I would ask all of the above, but I haven't heard back from the ad yet. I spoke with a Powerscore instructor today and she said they are definitely better than Kaplan because they require eir instructors to get above 175. Obviously, she works for them, so she is going to say they are better than the competition, so we will see...

Alexanderjjlee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 11:39:23 AM »
I think I'm going to look into powerscore and testmasters ... though the $1k price tag has a way of making me a bit queasy

Specks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 12:05:09 PM »
If it helps your decision at all, of all the people I've tutored, the Powerscore students seem to be the most satisfied with their programs. And no, I am not a powerscore instructor. Although, if you are worried about money, I'd buy the powerscore books first to see if that will help. It's, I think, 120 bucks for both the LG and LR bible. After that, it's practice practice practice. Of course, I recommend this only if you are a good self studier. If anyone wants RC materal/ advice, I've still got material that I made from when I tutored. Just PM me and I'll be happy to email you a copy.

LSAT Freedom

• LSAT Prep Course Taught by Harvard Law Grads
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Freedom
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2010, 12:00:09 PM »
It really comes down to the instructor.  His/her knowledge and experience is key.  Unless you're very effective at teaching yourself information, a quality instructor is critical.  In addition, another consideration is cost.  Traditional courses cost $1200.  There are other options out there for less and that are just as, if not more, effective.  I recommend doing some research before defaulting to a traditional course.  A traditional course is great for some people, but not great for others.  It really depends on what you need and what a specific course offers. 

Hope that helps!

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2010, 12:28:07 PM »
Dang, you really are trying to advertise your sales all over this board aren't you? Is it really that hard out there that even the "elite" Harvard grads can't find any real clients and have to resort to trying to sell lsat prep over the internet in a (very poorly) attempted disguise?

Nerderic might want to take note of that to answer a little debate he and I have been having as of late....... ::)

It really comes down to the instructor.  His/her knowledge and experience is key.  Unless you're very effective at teaching yourself information, a quality instructor is critical.  In addition, another consideration is cost.  Traditional courses cost $1200.  There are other options out there for less and that are just as, if not more, effective.  I recommend doing some research before defaulting to a traditional course.  A traditional course is great for some people, but not great for others.  It really depends on what you need and what a specific course offers. 

Hope that helps!

LSAT Freedom

• LSAT Prep Course Taught by Harvard Law Grads
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Freedom
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 12:38:29 PM »
The post actually offered her general advice that will hopefully help her make a good decision (as we have in other posts).  Sorry if that offends you. 

interrex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 05:55:28 PM »
Yes, you are FAR too clever for all us to see through the veil that you actually want us to see though....... :P

Placing "your card" on the side and then only posting in areas that you think will have people the most interested in it.......yeah most of us took marketing in undergrad too there guy, it might not be enough to get you disbarred but its still sad. :'(

The post actually offered her general advice that will hopefully help her make a good decision (as we have in other posts).  Sorry if that offends you.

Barnum

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • griffonprep.com
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 12:10:31 PM »
Hey LSAT Freedom,

Just thought you should be aware that you need to fix your website.  On it you claim that you are the ONLY company to have LSAT prep created exclusively by Harvard Law Grads, but mentor prep http://www.mentortestprep.com/index.htm has been doing that since 2005.

By the way not a shill for Mentor, in fact I work for a direct competitor.