Law School Discussion

Day of Test

Day of Test
« on: December 05, 2010, 03:29:30 PM »
I am taking the LSAT at PACE Law in NY and I am planning on taking public transportation to the test location.  I was wondering what options do I have as far as bringing a cell phone to the exam.  Is there somewhere to put my personal belongings once I get there? Will anyone know if I bring my phone and simply keep it off the entire time?  How do people normally approach this problem?

Re: Day of Test
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 03:39:59 PM »
Where I took the test, there was no place to put it. 

As for bringing it in, you do so at your own risk.  If you get caught, they may kick you out, or else play a note on your score. LSaw schools will see that.  I'd recommend against brininging it in

MEMEMEME

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 05:03:15 PM »
I wouldn't take a phone to the test center. Either get a friend to take you to and from and leave it with the friend or don't take it. Alternatively, call LSAC and see if they have a place for personal belongings. If not, you just have to do without and plan by having extra money on you just in case.

bigs5068

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
Just leave it at home. It is a 4 hour test you don't need to look at your cell phone for 4 hours. You know how to get from point A to Point B. If you absolutely need to call somebody pay-phones still exist. 15  years ago nobody brought a cell phone to the LSAT, because nobody had them and people managed to take the test. The only thing a phone can do is be a distraction and there is no reason at all to bring it.

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 09:06:40 PM »
Thanks! I was just wondering because I actually can't get a ride to the test and I've never been to PACE before so I was worried about navigation and whatnot.  I certainly will have no need to text during the exam!

MEMEMEME

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 01:38:33 AM »
Visit the test site beforehand. I am visiting mine on Wednesday to make sure I know where I'm going.