Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Arrest on your record  (Read 1336 times)

hollycpa27

• View Profile
    • Email
Arrest on your record
« on: December 02, 2010, 09:20:42 AM »
I take the LSAT in a few days and was wondering what a "public intoxication" will do to affect my admission chances. This idiotic decision happened over 6 years ago, but was required to list on the application. Can it affect me in the future? Any insights will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

BikePilot

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - joshthebikepilot
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Arrest on your record
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 03:48:57 PM »
No idea really, but I doubt it'll be a huge problem.  Also realize you'll have to disclose it on your bar app, I doubt it'd prevent you from being approved, but it might be something to look into as well.  It'd suck to go though law school and not be able to practice.
HLS 2010

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 04:43:52 PM »
I have a juvenile drug arrest on my record and thus far I have been accepted to Georgetown. I do believe an isolated incident won't affect you application.  Nor should it be a problem with your character and fitness.  Speaking to the attorneys I interned for, C & F really bang you for tings you hide.  When you disclose, as long as it is not a great amount of incidents that shows poor character, you should be fine.  IF you discclose

hollycpa27

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 09:26:45 AM »
Good news, I got conformation this morning from the university and state bar examiners office that the offense will not keep me from attending law school or sitting for the bar. Both the university and state bar officials said to disclose the matter in the application process. Thanks for the info