Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: June 2011 Thread  (Read 2208 times)

pressplay

• View Profile
Re: June 2011 Thread
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 02:58:03 AM »
153 in Sept 09...I haven't started studying yet... and I'm coming up with my study plan today while I'm home for the holiday. ...I'll start studying on Monday.

I'll be starting Monday as well and I'll be doing 5-section preptests as quickly as possible while going over all my mistakes. I'll be starting with preptest 28.

I feel great now, I have rough days where it aches pretty bad, but I'm satisfied with the outcome of the second surgery.

Great to hear that. I think I'll go under the knife after the LSAT and after I have built some more muscle around my core area.

One other thing, I don't want you to think you won't improve and thus discourage you from studying. I lost my mother to cancer this summer, so perhaps I have other things on my mind. Plus, at least you would be confident on test day and keep your score.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I've lost a loved one to cancer as well. It's devastating. All we can do is look forward to the future and work hard to achieve our goals.

Oh well. So, you're doing great already. Remember- 165 is the 90th percentile. I really haven't improved much actually. It has always been the same range and the only thing I have improved on is LG and like I said, I freak out so what does it matter.

I find that I do better on LR if I do a warmup section before the preptest.

Unfortunately, a 165 will give me close to a 0% chance at an acceptance at my 15 choices. I need around a 175 or better to have a fair shot at a scholarship and an acceptance.

It took me a couple of months but I found that LR and LG are very learn-able.

You definitely have to fix your freak-out problem. Then you should repeatedly do drills using old LR and LG questions until you know the questions inside-out.

My issue is with the RC. It's too inconsistent. Sometimes, I score a -2 and other times I score a -8. Sometimes I don't even finish. I'm hoping 6 months will be enough to fix that.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 08:23:39 AM »
Thanks for your reply.

you welcome.  julie here help.

MEMEMEME

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 01:48:56 PM »
Don't have a problem doing the LR section. Like I said, it's just LG. And drills won't help because a. I already do games and can do them in the time and b. Most of the practice questions out there are from olf preptests, what one uses to actually practice taking the test, so the more I do, the fewer real untainted tests I have available to practice. I'm fixing my problem by leaving myself open to take the February exam. That way, I know it isn't the end all test less than two weeks from now. And from experience, I would say RC is practice and I always leave the science passages for last because they are more difficult for me. Thinkk easy points is all I can tell you...don't spend too much time on stuff you are not 100 percent about because you might get it wrong anyway and you don't want to have to bubble something you could have easily gotten right had you had time to read it.

cvargas84

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 10:16:04 PM »
Hi there! This is my first post also, taking LSAT in June for  Fall 2012 admission. :)

louiebstef

• Sr. Citizen
  • 45 y/o Non-Trad-2012 cycle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 07:29:04 AM »
Yup, same here.

I'm getting ready to order my study materials for the June 2011 LSAT for Fall 2012 admission.  I am just like the previous poster who has set a relatively high goal for themselves.  For me, while 165+ would gain admission to all the schools on my list, a 170+ would put me firmly into scholarship range.  I'm a 46 y/o non-trad, so minimizing cost is almost as important as the prestige of any prospective school.

I'm as nervous as everyone else.  More seems to ride on this than almost anything.  At least a "PASS" grade on the Bar Exam gets you the ticket to the show.  On the LSAT, almost everything is riding on you distinguishing yourself from the crowd.   

Yikes!

"Why be a lawyer? I'm already an ass.  Might as well go professional!"

msteedubya

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 05:34:44 PM »
My name is Sharona and I will be taking the June 2011 LSAT in hopes of gaining admission in fall 2012. I am a non-traditional student. This is a career change for me. Any advice?
Non-Traditional student applying to Law School...

MissMaryland

• "Don't believe the lie, you can have it all"
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 09:38:43 AM »
Taking the June test too! I've been studying since January-ish and have managed on my own to get from the low 150's to around 162 solid. I'm taking a 20-hour prep course in April that I hope will propel me into the 170 range. Only 74 days left!!  :)