Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: June 2011 Thread  (Read 2386 times)

pressplay

• View Profile
June 2011 Thread
« on: November 26, 2010, 04:55:17 AM »
Hi everyone! This is my first post!

Anyone else starting their LSAT preparation for June 2011 or am I starting much too early?

I was originally set to take the test in December but I don't feel ready. I took a Kaplan proctored Preptest (Preptest #36 with experimental section) a month back and scored a 163. Most of my errors were in the LG and RC sections. I'm hoping for a 10+ point increase by June but I'm finding it very hard to stay focused.

Anyone know when LSAC usually opens up registration for future LSATs? Test centers around my area get filled up very quickly so I want to register on the first day it becomes available. So far, only February 2011 is available.

The June test is 7 months away and I'm already feeling the pressure!  :o

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: June 2011 Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 08:31:02 AM »
june test be hardest ever.

pressplay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 06:01:34 PM »
Thanks for your reply.

MEMEMEME

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 07:46:29 PM »
It's not too early. The more time the better and check LSAC for registration. I don't know offhand

pressplay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 04:28:14 AM »
It's not too early. The more time the better and check LSAC for registration. I don't know offhand

I hope I don't burn-out. I'll update this thread if I find out. How are you scoring at the moment?

vthokie21

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 07:55:53 AM »
I'm also starting to study for the June 2011 test. I took the September 2009 exam after studying for about 3 months, during which time I was also recovering from a spine fusion, and I didn't do as well as I wanted. This time around I'm healthy and giving myself plenty of time to study.

pressplay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 08:12:04 AM »
I'm also starting to study for the June 2011 test. I took the September 2009 exam after studying for about 3 months, during which time I was also recovering from a spine fusion, and I didn't do as well as I wanted. This time around I'm healthy and giving myself plenty of time to study.

Whoa! I was considering getting spinal fusion for my L4-L5 region but decided against it because I didn't want to miss out on the December test. Now that I'm postponing to June, I'm re-considering it. Might do lots of back exercises instead and hope the problem goes away by itself.

How did you do in Sept 09 and what's your score range at the moment? Also, how did you bust up your spine?

Good luck!

vthokie21

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 08:31:33 AM »

Whoa! I was considering getting spinal fusion for my L4-L5 region but decided against it because I didn't want to miss out on the December test. Now that I'm postponing to June, I'm re-considering it. Might do lots of back exercises instead and hope the problem goes away by itself.

How did you do in Sept 09 and what's your score range at the moment? Also, how did you bust up your spine?

Good luck!

153 in Sept 09. Wasn't happy at all. I thought about retaking the exam this year, but had some other life changes going on this year and moved to Boston from Western NY. I haven't started studying yet, I just received a stack of test prep materials in the mail this past week and I'm coming up with my study plan today while I'm home for the holiday. I return to Boston tomorrow and I'll start studying on Monday.

No idea how I messed up my spine. I played sports throughout high school and always had back pain. After high school I spent some time in the Marines and Marine ROTC and it was during undergrad that I had my first surgery on L4 and L5. Lost my ROTC scholarship to medical disqualification. The problem returned and I had the fusion last year. I feel great now, I have rough days where it aches pretty bad, but I'm satisfied with the outcome of the second surgery.

MEMEMEME

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 12:54:16 PM »

I hope I don't burn-out. I'll update this thread if I find out. How are you scoring at the moment?

LOW: 157 HIGH: 162. AVERAGE: 160. If I didn't freak out on the LG section it'd be a 164 on average. But I always do even though I can do signal games in 8 to 9 minutes. Oh well. So, you're doing great already. Remember- 165 is the 90th percentile. I really haven't improved much actually. It has always been the same range and the only thing I have improved on is LG and like I said, I freak out so what does it matter.

I find that I do better on LR if I do a warmup section before the preptest.

MEMEMEME

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 12:57:04 PM »
One other thing, I don't want you to think you won't improve and thus discourage you from studying. I lost my mother to cancer this summer, so perhaps I have other things on my mind. Plus, at least you would be confident on test day and keep your score.