Law School Discussion

Canceling December LSAT Now

Canceling December LSAT Now
« on: November 25, 2010, 05:32:13 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't feel prepared enough to take the LSAT this December and am opting to just take it next year. Knowing the deadline for any kind of refund has passed what happens if I cancel my test or just don't show up? Does that show up on my applications and if so does it typically reflect negatively on the applicant.

Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Edit: Sorry didn't see the post below mine.

bigs5068

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Canceling December LSAT Now
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 06:01:56 PM »
I think I did the same thing, but I just moved my test to February and only had to pay 30 bucks for the next test. This was better than paying another 100 bucks or whatever it is. That may be available for the June LSAT as well, but either way if you are not showing up let them know. Common courtesy is always the best answer. When you are going to no show to anything it is always best to take 2 minutes out of your day to say I am not coming. I don't know if you would be effected even if you pulled a no show, but it could only hurt you. Therefore, take a few minutes to cancel or reschedule the test. Canceling or rescheduling will not hurt you. It happens if your not ready your not ready, but contact LSAC and cancel or reschedule.

MEMEMEME

Re: Canceling December LSAT Now
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 08:58:59 PM »
The law schools know if you have canceled in the past but as long as you don't do it repeatedly particularly in the form of taking the test and then canceling your score, it won't matter. I agree with bigs- just call and tell them.