Law School Discussion

EMERGENCY_ PLEASE HELP

EMERGENCY_ PLEASE HELP
« on: November 25, 2010, 05:36:13 AM »

My father passed away last night. I am registered to take the Dec exam but will not be able to take it. I am past the deadline 21 of nov to change date, what do I do?  Please help. Thanks

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: EMERGENCY_ PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 08:27:35 AM »
sorry for your loss.

do nothing about lsat.  your recpord will show you not attend, but no one will case--especially if have explanation.

MEMEMEME

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 12:52:07 PM »
Call LSAC and tell them. I would imagine at the very most they would require a death certificate to apply your test registration payment to a future  exam date. People are sympathetic- my mother passed away this summer and I had a Princeton Review self-paced online lesson course that was to expire soon after. I called to pay for a month extension for $100 because I couldn't possibly concentrate during the end of her illness and after her death and they without me even asking extended it for three months for free. They didn't even ask for a copy of the death certificate. But anyway, I suggest calling LSAC on Friday or Monday and telling them your situation and offering a copy of the death certificate (they probably won't want it anyway) but it is good to offer it.

Anyway, very sorry to hear about your loss. I know how it feels and how hard it is to concentrate. Go to grief counseling if you need to- I am. But just know it sucks no matter what and nothing will change that. I wish good luck to you.

MEMEMEME

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 12:53:42 PM »
By the way I have talked to LSAC several times about different stuff and almost all of them were very nice people. No one was rude- just one of them wasn't as super nice as the rest.